Maps Plan of the Battle of Fredericksburg, December 13th, 1862.
About this Item
- Plan of the Battle of Fredericksburg, December 13th, 1862.
- This unsigned hand-drawn map shows the area surrounding Fredericksburg, Va., and includes the location of General Lee's field headquarters, Jeb Stuart's cavalry, the Washington Artillery, and forces under the commands of Col. Pelham and Col. Walker. The locations of pontoon bridges are also indicated.
- Contributor Names
- Cooke family.
- Created / Published
- [S.l. : s.n.,
- Subject Headings
- - Fredericksburg, Battle of, Fredericksburg, Va., 1862--Maps
- - Fredericksburg (Va.)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - United States--Virginia--Fredericksburg
- - Fredericksburg, Battle of, Fredericksburg, Va
- - Color coding indicates the location of Union and Confederate forces.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as a raster image.
- - In the Cooke family papers, 1855-1949.
- - Manuscripts
- 1 map : pen-and-ink and watercolor ; 25.5 x 22 cm.
- Virginia Historical Society, P.O. Box 7311, Richmond, VA 23221-0311 USA vau
- Digital Id
- Online Format
Fredericksburg, Battle Of, Fredericksburg, Va
Fredericksburg, Battle Of, Fredericksburg, Va.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Cooke Family. Plan of the Battle of Fredericksburg, December 13th, 1862. [S.l.: s.n, 1862] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/gvhs01.vhs00387/. (Accessed December 02, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Cooke Family. (1862) Plan of the Battle of Fredericksburg, December 13th, 1862. [S.l.: s.n] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/gvhs01.vhs00387/.
MLA citation style:
Cooke Family. Plan of the Battle of Fredericksburg, December 13th, 1862. [S.l.: s.n, 1862] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/gvhs01.vhs00387/>.