Maps [Map of attack on Fort Fisher, Wilmington, N.C.]
About this Item
- [Map of attack on Fort Fisher, Wilmington, N.C.]
- Shows details of the area surrounding Wilmington, N.C., during the Union attack on and capture of Fort Fisher.
- Contributor Names
- Schilling, Franz Wilhelm von, 1832-1895.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Fort Fisher (N.C. : Fort)--History--Capture, 1865
- - North Carolina--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - Wilmington (N.C.)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - United States--North Carolina--Wilmington
- - Accompanies letter, 1865 January 3, of von Schilling to his brother Alexander Ernst Schilling von Canstatt.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as a raster image.
- - In the Franz Wilhelm von Schilling papers, 1861-1913.
- - Manuscripts
- 1 map : pen-and-ink ; 12.5 x 20.5 cm.
- Source Collection
- Virginia Historical Society, P.O. Box 7311, Richmond, VA 23221-0311 USA vau
- Digital Id
- Online Format
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Schilling, Franz Wilhelm Von. [Map of attack on Fort Fisher, Wilmington, N.C]. 1865. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/gvhs01.vhs00407/. (Accessed February 19, 2017.)
APA citation style:
Schilling, F. W. V. (1865) [Map of attack on Fort Fisher, Wilmington, N.C]. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/gvhs01.vhs00407/.
MLA citation style:
Schilling, Franz Wilhelm Von. [Map of attack on Fort Fisher, Wilmington, N.C]. 1865. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/gvhs01.vhs00407/>.