Book/Printed Material Manuscript/Mixed Material Image 1 of Letter to W. von Zuccalmaglio by Mendelssohn : with three lines notes written to [Frl. Wieck] and signed by R. Schumann,
About this Item
- Letter to W. von Zuccalmaglio by Mendelssohn : with three lines notes written to [Frl. Wieck] and signed by R. Schumann,
- Contributor Names
- Mendelssohn-Bartholdy, Felix -- 1809-1847 (creator)
- Created / Published
- 1839, monographic.
- Subject Headings
- - Zuccalmaglio, Anton Wilhelm Florentin von,--1803-1869--Correspondence
- - Mendelssohn-Bartholdy, Felix,--1809-1847--Correspondence
- - Schumann, Robert--1810-1856--Correspondence
- - Composers--Germany--Correspondence
- - The material described in this catalog record is located in the collections of the Music Division, Library of Congress.
- - Composer.
- 1 item.
- 1 item.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- Source Collection
- Gertrude Clarke Whittall Collection/Mendelssohn Collection, 1811-1944 (bulk 1820-1847, 1885-1913)
- Performing Arts Reading Room (Madison, LM113) Library of Congress Music Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA
- Library of Congress Control Number
- OCLC Number
- LC Classification
- Online Format
- An autograph letter of Mendelssohn to Zuccalmaglio (researcher, poet, musician, and critic) with Robert Schumann.
- Original Format
- manuscript/mixed material
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- METSXML Record
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
The Music Treasures Consortium is an alliance of many libraries. The Library of Congress is hosting the consortium Web site which gives bibliographic information on each item; access to the digital items is provided through links to the holding library's own Web site. The items on this site are made freely available for scholarly use. Other uses may require permission or credit to the holding repository. Please contact the holding repository for more information.
Rights information for Library of Congress Holdings in the Music Treasures Consortium:
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as holders of publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may be content that is protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permission ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the bibliographic information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding items and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
Items included here with the permission of the rights holders are indicated as such in the bibliographic record for each item.
In some cases, the Library was unable to identify a possible rights holder and has elected to place some of those items online as an exercise of fair use for strictly non-commercial educational uses. The Library of Congress would like to learn more about these materials and would like to hear from individuals or institutions that have any additional information or know of their history. Please contact: Performing Arts Reading Room.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Music Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Mendelssohn-Bartholdy, Felix. Letter to W. von Zuccalmaglio by Mendelssohn: with three lines notes written to Frl. Wieck and signed by R. Schumann. , Monographic, 1839. Manuscript/Mixed Material. https://www.loc.gov/item/2010561135/.
APA citation style:
Mendelssohn-Bartholdy, F. (1839) Letter to W. von Zuccalmaglio by Mendelssohn: with three lines notes written to Frl. Wieck and signed by R. Schumann. , Monographic. [Manuscript/Mixed Material] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2010561135/.
MLA citation style:
Mendelssohn-Bartholdy, Felix. Letter to W. von Zuccalmaglio by Mendelssohn: with three lines notes written to Frl. Wieck and signed by R. Schumann. , Monographic, 1839. Manuscript/Mixed Material. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2010561135/>.
More Books/Printed Material like this
[Letter to Julian Fontana] manuscript |  p. ; 18 cm. | In unknown hand, in ink. Abridged version of Chopin's Jan. 22, 1839 letter to Fontana. Includes photocopy of letter from Alexander Janta, in English,...
- Contributor: Chopin, Frédéric
- Date: 18??
Frédéric Chopin autograph letter to Julian Fontana, 1839 Oct. 4 An autograph letter of Frédéric Chopin, written to Julian Fontana. English translation to be found in Voynich's translation of Opieński's collection of Chopin's letters, p. 211. manuscript | 1 item. | The...
- Contributor: Chopin, Frédéric
- Date: 1839
Mendelssohn at 12 years old
Mendelssohn at 12 years old Print.
- Contributor: Weger, August - Library of Congress. Gertrude Clarke Whittall Foundation - Weger, A., Leipzig
- Date: 185?
Hensel, Fanny Mendelssohn
Hensel, Fanny Mendelssohn Print. 1p. ; 25cm x 37.5cm |
- Contributor: Mendel, Edward - Hensel, Wilhelm - Mendelssohn-Bartholdy, Felix - Library of Congress. Gertrude Clarke Whittall Foundation
- Date: 1847
The alterations in the accompaniments of the Concerto in d manuscript score | 5 p., bound : music, port. ; 33 cm. | Holograph, in ink. Title from caption. At foot of p. 1: Mendelssohn's handwriting (alterations in his Concerto published by...
- Contributor: Library of Congress - Mendelssohn-Bartholdy, Felix - Gertrude Clarke Whittall Foundation
- Date: 1837