Audio Recording Simple melody
About this Item
- Simple melody
- Other Title
- Watch your step
- Simple melody
- Play a simple melody
- Female-male vocal duet, with orchestra
- Contributor Names
- Irving Berlin: composer
- Elsie Baker: vocalist, contralto
- Billy Murray: vocalist, tenor vocal
- Edna Brown: vocalist, contralto
- Irving Berlin: lyricist
- Rosario Bourdon: conductor
- Musical theater
- Source of original recording: Recorded Sound Section, Library of Congress.
- Rights Advisory
- Inclusion of the recording in the National Jukebox, courtesy of Sony Music Entertainment
- Elsie Baker, performing. Billy Murray, performing. Edna Brown, performing. Victor 18051. Matrix/Take: B-17588/1.
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The Library makes the sound recordings in the National Jukebox available pursuant to permission from the rightsholders. Under the Music Modernization Act, many of these recordings will begin entering into the public domain on January 1, 2022, when all recordings published prior to 1923 will enter the public domain and will be free to use and reuse. Recordings published between 1923 and 1946 are then protected for 100 years, and recordings published between 1947 and 1956 are protected for 110 years. In addition, some of the items in the Jukebox, such as the Victrola Book of the Opera, are currently in the public domain and free to use and reuse.
You are responsible for deciding whether your use of the items in this collection is legal. You will need written permission from the rightsholders to copy, distribute, or otherwise use copyrighted materials except as allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Some materials may be protected under international law. You may also need permission from holders of other rights, such as publicity and/or privacy rights.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, National Jukebox.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Irving Berlin: Composer, Contralto Elsie Baker: Vocalist, Tenor Vocal Billy Murray: Vocalist, Contralto Edna Brown: Vocalist, Irving Berlin: Lyricist, and Rosario Bourdon: Conductor. Simple Melody. 1916. Web.. https://www.loc.gov/item/jukebox-17522/.
APA citation style:
Irving Berlin: Composer, Elsie Baker: Vocalist, C., Billy Murray: Vocalist, T. V., Edna Brown: Vocalist, C., Irving Berlin: Lyricist & Rosario Bourdon: Conductor. (1916) Simple Melody. [Web.] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/jukebox-17522/.
MLA citation style:
Irving Berlin: Composer, et al. Simple Melody. 1916. Web.. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/jukebox-17522/>.
More Audio Recordings like this
Audio RecordingSome sort of somebody
Some sort of somebody | Very good Eddie Billy Murray, performing. Edna Brown, performing. Elsie Baker, performing. Victor 17992. Matrix/Take: B-17299/2.
- Contributor: Kern, Jerome - Janis, Elsie - Brown, Edna - Baker, Elsie - Rogers, Walter - Murray, Billy
- Date: 1916-03-13
Audio RecordingI never knew
I never knew | Canary cottage Edna Brown, performing. James Reed, performing. Elsie Baker, performing. Reed Miller, performing. Victor 18103. Matrix/Take: B-18008/2.
- Contributor: Carroll, Earl - Reed, James - Brown, Edna - Bourdon, Rosario - Baker, Elsie - Miller, Reed
- Date: 1916-06-22
Audio RecordingI love a piano
I love a piano | Stop, look, and listen | Stop! look! listen! I love a piano Billy Murray, performing. Rosario Bourdon, performing. Victor 17945. Matrix/Take: B-16965/1.
- Contributor: Bourdon, Rosario - Rogers, Walter - Murray, Billy - Berlin, Irving
- Date: 1916-01-05
Audio RecordingListen to me
Listen to me | The opera ball Edna Brown, performing. Elsie Baker, performing. Victor 17072. Matrix/Take: B-11649/2.
- Contributor: Heuberger, Richard - Kummer, Clare Beecher - Baker, Elsie - Brown, Edna
- Date: 1912-03-11
Audio RecordingI want a little lovin' sometimes
I want a little lovin' sometimes | The opera ball Edna Brown, performing. Elsie Baker, performing. Victor 17067. Matrix/Take: B-11692/5.
- Contributor: Baker, Elsie - Smith, Chris - Brown, Edna
- Date: 1912-03-26