Book/Printed Material Image 1 of Travels in the American colonies,
About this Item
- Travels in the American colonies,
- Contributor Names
- Mereness, Newton Dennison.
- National Society of the Colonial Dames of America.
- Created / Published
- New York, The Macmillan Company, 1916.
- Cuthbert Potter's journal of a journey from Virginia to New England, 1690.--Journal of Diron d'Artaguiette, inspector general of Louisiana, 1722-1723.--Journal of Colonel George Chicken's mission from Charleston, S.C., to the Cherokees, 1726.--Journal of Captain Tobias Fitch's mission from Charleston to the Creeks, 1726.--A ranger's report of travels with General Oglethorpe in Georgia and Florida, 1739-1742.--Journal of Antoine Bonnefoy's captivity among the Cherokee Indians, 1741-1742.--Journal of Beauchamp's journey from Mobile to the Choctaws, 1746.--Journal of Captain Phineas Stevens' journey from Charlestown, N.H., to Canada, 1752.--Diary of a journey of Moravians from Bethlehem, Pa., to Bethabara, N.C., 1753.--Minutes from the journal of Mr. Hamburgh's travels in the Michigan and Illinois country, 1763.--Journal of an officer's travels in America and the West Indies, 1764-1765.
- Journal of Captain Harry Gordon's journey from Pittsburg down the Ohio and the Mississippi to New Orleans, Mobile, and Pensacola, 1766.--David Taitt's journal of a journey through the Creek country, 1772.--Dr. John Berkenhout'sjournal of an excursion from New York to Philadelphia, 1778.--Travel diary of Bishop Reichel, Mrs. Reichel, and their company from Lititz, Pa., to Salem, N.C., 1780.--Extracts from the travel diary of Bishop Reichel, Mrs. Reichel, and Christian Heckewelder from Salem to Lititz, 1780.--Colonel William Fleming's journal of travels in Kentucky, 1779-1780.--Colonel William Fleming's journal of travels in Kentucky, 1783.
- Subject Headings
- - United States--Description and travel
- - Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress Web site and on the Internet Archive Web site.
- vi, 693 p. 23 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- E162 .M57
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- online text
- Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress Web site and on the Internet Archive Web site.
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and other rights holders (such as holders of publicity and /or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Note that there may be U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or other restrictions in these materials, and there may be content protected by copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. However, the Library is not aware of any copyrights or other rights associated with this material.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with any person intending to use an item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, General Collections.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Mereness, Newton Dennison, and National Society Of The Colonial Dames Of America. Travels in the American colonies. New York, The Macmillan Company, 1916. Online Text. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/16009410/. (Accessed March 28, 2017.)
APA citation style:
Mereness, N. D. & National Society Of The Colonial Dames Of America. (1916) Travels in the American colonies. New York, The Macmillan Company. [Online Text] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/16009410/.
MLA citation style:
Mereness, Newton Dennison, and National Society Of The Colonial Dames Of America. Travels in the American colonies. New York, The Macmillan Company, 1916. Online Text. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/16009410/>.