Book/Printed Material Image 8 of Travels in the American colonies,
About this Item
- Travels in the American colonies,
- Contributor Names
- Mereness, Newton Dennison.
- National Society of the Colonial Dames of America.
- Created / Published
- New York, The Macmillan Company, 1916.
- Cuthbert Potter's journal of a journey from Virginia to New England, 1690.--Journal of Diron d'Artaguiette, inspector general of Louisiana, 1722-1723.--Journal of Colonel George Chicken's mission from Charleston, S.C., to the Cherokees, 1726.--Journal of Captain Tobias Fitch's mission from Charleston to the Creeks, 1726.--A ranger's report of travels with General Oglethorpe in Georgia and Florida, 1739-1742.--Journal of Antoine Bonnefoy's captivity among the Cherokee Indians, 1741-1742.--Journal of Beauchamp's journey from Mobile to the Choctaws, 1746.--Journal of Captain Phineas Stevens' journey from Charlestown, N.H., to Canada, 1752.--Diary of a journey of Moravians from Bethlehem, Pa., to Bethabara, N.C., 1753.--Minutes from the journal of Mr. Hamburgh's travels in the Michigan and Illinois country, 1763.--Journal of an officer's travels in America and the West Indies, 1764-1765.
- Journal of Captain Harry Gordon's journey from Pittsburg down the Ohio and the Mississippi to New Orleans, Mobile, and Pensacola, 1766.--David Taitt's journal of a journey through the Creek country, 1772.--Dr. John Berkenhout'sjournal of an excursion from New York to Philadelphia, 1778.--Travel diary of Bishop Reichel, Mrs. Reichel, and their company from Lititz, Pa., to Salem, N.C., 1780.--Extracts from the travel diary of Bishop Reichel, Mrs. Reichel, and Christian Heckewelder from Salem to Lititz, 1780.--Colonel William Fleming's journal of travels in Kentucky, 1779-1780.--Colonel William Fleming's journal of travels in Kentucky, 1783.
- Subject Headings
- - United States--Description and travel
- - Also available in digital form.
- vi, 693 p. 23 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- E162 .M57
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- online text
- OCLC Number
- Also available in digital form.
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
The contents of the Library of Congress American Notes: Travels in America, 1750 to 1920 Collection are in the public domain and are free to use and reuse.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, American Notes: Travels in America, 1750 to 1920 Collection.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Mereness, Newton Dennison, and National Society Of The Colonial Dames Of America. Travels in the American colonies. New York, The Macmillan Company, 1916. Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/16009410/.
APA citation style:
Mereness, N. D. & National Society Of The Colonial Dames Of America. (1916) Travels in the American colonies. New York, The Macmillan Company. [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/16009410/.
MLA citation style:
Mereness, Newton Dennison, and National Society Of The Colonial Dames Of America. Travels in the American colonies. New York, The Macmillan Company, 1916. Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/16009410/>.