Notated Music Image 1 of 300,000 more by George R. Poulton.
About this Item
- 300,000 more by George R. Poulton.
- Other Title
- At head of title: To President Abraham.
- Contributor Names
- Morris, Robert, 1810-1892 (Lyricist)
- Poulton, George R. (Composer)
- Created / Published
- Joseph P. Shaw, Rochester, New York, c1862
- Subject Headings
- - Soldiers
- - Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865
- - Bryant, William Cullen (1794-1878)
- - Gibbons, James Sloan (1810-1892)
- - Sheet Music
- - Poetry
- - United States -- New York -- Monroe -- Rochester
- Sheet Music
- - From a poem first published in the New York Evening Post, July 16, 1862: We are coming, Father Abraham by James Sloan Gibbons (Robert Morris). Cf. BAL, v. 1, p. 346. The words sometimes erroneously attributed to Wm. Cullen Bryant, or J. [!] Cullen Bryant.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- Stern catalog 4959
- Source Collection
- Sheet Music from the Alfred Whital Stern Collection of Lincolniana
- Rare Book And Special Collections Division
- Digital Id
- Online Format
- online text
Articles and Essays with this item:
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright or any other restrictions for the documents in this collection. However, some of the content may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) and/or by the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Additionally, the reproduction of some materials may be restricted by privacy and/or publicity rights. The determination of the status of an item ultimately rests with the person desiring to reproduce or use the item.
Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Rare Book and Special Collections Division, Alfred Whital Stern Collection of Lincolniana.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Morris, Robert, and George R Poulton. 300,000 more by George R. Poulton. Joseph P. Shaw, Rochester, New York, 1862. Notated Music. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/scsm000142/. (Accessed March 28, 2017.)
APA citation style:
Morris, R. & Poulton, G. R. (1862) 300,000 more by George R. Poulton. Joseph P. Shaw, Rochester, New York. [Notated Music] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/scsm000142/.
MLA citation style:
Morris, Robert, and George R Poulton. 300,000 more by George R. Poulton. Joseph P. Shaw, Rochester, New York, 1862. Notated Music. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/scsm000142/>.