Manuscript/Mixed Material Image 1 of [Letter to Joseph Hooker from Lincoln, January 26, 1863.]
About this Item
- [Letter to Joseph Hooker from Lincoln, January 26, 1863.]
- Contributor Names
- Lincoln, Abraham (Author)
- Created / Published
- Washington, D. C., January 26, 1863
- Subject Headings
- - Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865
- - Burnside, Ambrose Everett (1824-1881)
- - Hooker, Joseph (1814-1879)
- - Army of the Potomac
- - warfare
- - Bonaparte, Napolean (1769-1821)
- - Manuscripts
- - Correspondence
- - Letter
- - United States -- District of Columbia -- Washington
- - Folded broadside printed on one leaf. The original manuscript letter is in the Stern Collection, and is permanently displayed in the foyer of the Rare Book and Special Collections Division.
- 25 x 19 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- Portfolio 16, no. 50
- Source Collection
- The Alfred Whital Stern Collection of Lincolniana
- Rare Book And Special Collections Division
- Digital Id
- Online Format
- online text
- Lincoln's Letters | Collection Highlights | Articles and Essays | The Alfred Whital Stern Collection of Lincolniana | Digital Collections
- Rare Book of the Month: "I Am Anne Rutledge…"
- Stern's Gift of Lincolniana to the Nation | Articles and Essays | The Alfred Whital Stern Collection of Lincolniana | Digital Collections
The Library of Congress believes that many of the papers in The Alfred Whital Stern Collection of Lincolniana collection are in the public domain or have no known copyright restrictions and are free to use and reuse. For example, any songs published in the United States before 1923 are in the public domain. The Library has also obtained permission for the use of many other materials, and presents additional materials pursuant to fair use under United States copyright law. Researchers should watch for documents that may be copyrighted (for example, published in the United States less than 95 years ago, or unpublished and the author died less than 70 years ago).
You are responsible for deciding whether your use of the items in this collection is legal. You will need written permission from the rightsholders to copy, distribute, or otherwise use copyrighted materials except as allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Some materials may be protected under international law. You may also need permission from holders of other rights, such as publicity and/or privacy rights.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Rare Book and Special Collections Division, Alfred Whital Stern Collection of Lincolniana.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Lincoln, Abraham. Letter to Joseph Hooker from Lincoln. Washington, D. C, 1863. Manuscript/Mixed Material. https://www.loc.gov/item/scsm000601/.
APA citation style:
Lincoln, A. (1863) Letter to Joseph Hooker from Lincoln. Washington, D. C. [Manuscript/Mixed Material] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/scsm000601/.
MLA citation style:
Lincoln, Abraham. Letter to Joseph Hooker from Lincoln. Washington, D. C, 1863. Manuscript/Mixed Material. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/scsm000601/>.
More Manuscripts/Mixed Material like this
Letter to Major General Joseph Hooker from Robert N. Scott, May 16, 1878.
- Contributor: Scott, Robert N.
- Date: 1878-05-16
Letter from B. T. Brockman to Gov. M. L. Bonham. June 5, 1863.
- Contributor: Brockman, T.
- Date: 1863-06-05
Letter from Salmon Portland Chase to Enoch Terry Carson. September 8, 1862.
- Contributor: Chase, Salmon Portland - Carson, Enoch Terry
- Date: 1862-09-08
The Celebrated "Bixby" letter. [Facsimile.]
- Contributor: Lincoln, Abraham
- Date: 1864-11-21
Letter to Abraham Lincoln from Joseph Hooker, 1861.
- Contributor: Hooker, Joseph
- Date: 1861-10-21