Manuscript/Mixed Material Image 1 of [Letter to Joseph Hooker from Lincoln, January 26, 1863.]
About this Item
- [Letter to Joseph Hooker from Lincoln, January 26, 1863.]
- Contributor Names
- Lincoln, Abraham (Author)
- Created / Published
- Washington, D. C., January 26, 1863
- Subject Headings
- - Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865
- - Burnside, Ambrose Everett (1824-1881)
- - Hooker, Joseph (1814-1879)
- - Army of the Potomac
- - warfare
- - Bonaparte, Napolean (1769-1821)
- - Manuscripts
- - Correspondence
- - Letter
- - United States -- District of Columbia -- Washington
- - Folded broadside printed on one leaf. The original manuscript letter is in the Stern Collection, and is permanently displayed in the foyer of the Rare Book and Special Collections Division.
- 25 x 19 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- Portfolio 16, no. 50
- Source Collection
- The Alfred Whital Stern Collection of Lincolniana
- Rare Book And Special Collections Division
- Digital Id
- Online Format
- online text
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright or any other restrictions for the documents in this collection. However, some of the content may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) and/or by the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Additionally, the reproduction of some materials may be restricted by privacy and/or publicity rights. The determination of the status of an item ultimately rests with the person desiring to reproduce or use the item.
Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Rare Book and Special Collections Division, Alfred Whital Stern Collection of Lincolniana.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Lincoln, Abraham. Letter to Joseph Hooker from Lincoln. Washington, D. C, 1863. Manuscript/Mixed Material. https://www.loc.gov/item/scsm000601/.
APA citation style:
Lincoln, A. (1863) Letter to Joseph Hooker from Lincoln. Washington, D. C. [Manuscript/Mixed Material] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/scsm000601/.
MLA citation style:
Lincoln, Abraham. Letter to Joseph Hooker from Lincoln. Washington, D. C, 1863. Manuscript/Mixed Material. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/scsm000601/>.