Books Page 1 of The New York Herald, [newspaper]. April 15, 1865.
About this Item
- The New York Herald, [newspaper]. April 15, 1865.
- Created / Published
- The New York Herald, New York City, New York, April 15, 1865
- Subject Headings
- - Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865
- - Lee, Robert Edward (1807-1870)
- - Lincoln's assassination
- - Grant, Ulysses S. (Ulysses Simpson) 1822-1885
- - Davis, Jefferson (1808-1889)
- - Sherman, William Tecumseh (1820-1891)
- - Lincoln, Mary Todd (1818-1882)
- - Booth, John Wilkes (1838-1865)
- - Breckinridge, John Cabell (1821-1875)
- - railroad
- - Seward, William Henry (1801-1872)
- - Stanton, Edwin (1814-1869)
- - Ford's Theatre
- - Seward, Frederick William (1830-1915)
- - Dix, John Adam (1798-1879)
- - newspaper
- - Periodicals
- - Advertisements
- - United States -- District of Columbia -- Washington
- - United States -- New York -- New York City
- - United States -- Virginia -- Richmond
- - United States -- Virginia -- Danville
- 55.7 x 43.4 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- Portfolio 7, no. 10-map drawer
- Stern catalog 4752
- Source Collection
- The Alfred Whital Stern Collection of Lincolniana
- Rare Book And Special Collections Division
- Digital Id
- Online Format
New York City
Booth, John Wilkes
Breckinridge, John Cabell
Dix, John Adam
Grant, Ulysses S. (Ulysses Simpson)
Lee, Robert Edward
Lincoln, Mary Todd
Seward, Frederick William
Seward, William Henry
Sherman, William Tecumseh
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright or any other restrictions for the documents in this collection. However, some of the content may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) and/or by the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Additionally, the reproduction of some materials may be restricted by privacy and/or publicity rights. The determination of the status of an item ultimately rests with the person desiring to reproduce or use the item.
Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Rare Book and Special Collections Division, Alfred Whital Stern Collection of Lincolniana.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
[The New York Herald, newspaper. April 15, 1865]. The New York Herald, New York City, New York, 1865. Image. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/scsm000805/. (Accessed January 20, 2017.)
APA citation style:
(1865) [The New York Herald, newspaper. April 15, 1865]. The New York Herald, New York City, New York. [Image] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/scsm000805/.
MLA citation style:
[The New York Herald, newspaper. April 15, 1865]. The New York Herald, New York City, New York, 1865. Image. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/scsm000805/>.