Books Page 1 of The Illinois State Democrat, [newspaper]. August 25, 1858.
About this Item
- The Illinois State Democrat, [newspaper]. August 25, 1858.
- Created / Published
- Illinois State Democrat, Springfield, Illinois, August 25, 1858
- Subject Headings
- - Slavery
- - Washington, George (1732-1799)
- - Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865
- - Jefferson, Thomas (1743-1826)
- - Democratic party
- - Douglas, Stephen Arnold (1813-1861)
- - Kansas-Nebraska Act
- - Buchanan, James (1791-1868)
- - Lovejoy, Owen (1811-1864)
- - Chicago Platform
- - Navy
- - Lecompton slave constitution
- - deserter
- - newspaper
- - Periodicals
- - Advertisements
- - Africa
- - United States -- Kansas
- - United States -- Nebraska
- - Great Britain
- - United States -- Illinois -- Sangamon -- Springfield
- 40 x 55 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- Newspapers; Portfolio 1
- Source Collection
- The Alfred Whital Stern Collection of Lincolniana
- Rare Book And Special Collections Division
- Digital Id
- Online Format
Douglas, Stephen Arnold
Lecompton Slave Constitution
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright or any other restrictions for the documents in this collection. However, some of the content may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) and/or by the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Additionally, the reproduction of some materials may be restricted by privacy and/or publicity rights. The determination of the status of an item ultimately rests with the person desiring to reproduce or use the item.
Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Rare Book and Special Collections Division, Alfred Whital Stern Collection of Lincolniana.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
[The Illinois State Democrat, newspaper. August 25, 1858]. Illinois State Democrat, Springfield, Illinois, 1858. Image. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/scsm001128/. (Accessed December 10, 2016.)
APA citation style:
(1858) [The Illinois State Democrat, newspaper. August 25, 1858]. Illinois State Democrat, Springfield, Illinois. [Image] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/scsm001128/.
MLA citation style:
[The Illinois State Democrat, newspaper. August 25, 1858]. Illinois State Democrat, Springfield, Illinois, 1858. Image. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/scsm001128/>.