Periodical Image 1 of The Monroe and weekly, [newspaper]. July 12, 1860.
About this Item
- The Monroe and weekly, [newspaper]. July 12, 1860.
- Created / Published
- July 12, 1860
- Subject Headings
- - Slavery
- - Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865
- - African American
- - political campaign
- - Republican Party
- - Hamlin, Hannibal (1809-1891)
- - Democratic party
- - Douglas, Stephen Arnold (1813-1861)
- - Breckinridge, John Cabell (1821-1875)
- - Seward, William Henry (1801-1872)
- - Calhoun, John Caldwell (1782-1850)
- - Lincoln-physical appearance/personality
- - Lecompton slave constitution
- - Oregon Bill
- - Periodicals
- - Newspaper
- - Advertisements
- - United States -- Alabama
- - United States -- Virginia
- - United States -- Ohio
- - United States -- Illinois
- - United States -- Maine
- - United States -- Wyoming
- - United States -- Iowa
- - United States -- Oregon
- - United States -- Georgia
- - United States -- Wisconsin
- - United States -- Louisiana
- - United States -- Missouri
- - United States -- Indiana
- - United States -- New York -- Monroe -- Rochester
- - Mexico
- Call Number/Physical Location
- Newspapers; Portfolio 1
- Source Collection
- The Alfred Whital Stern Collection of Lincolniana
- Rare Book And Special Collections Division
- Digital Id
- Online Format
- online text
Breckinridge, John Cabell
Calhoun, John Caldwell
Douglas, Stephen Arnold
Lecompton Slave Constitution
Seward, William Henry
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright or any other restrictions for the documents in this collection. However, some of the content may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) and/or by the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Additionally, the reproduction of some materials may be restricted by privacy and/or publicity rights. The determination of the status of an item ultimately rests with the person desiring to reproduce or use the item.
Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Rare Book and Special Collections Division, Alfred Whital Stern Collection of Lincolniana.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
[The Monroe and weekly, newspaper. July 12, 1860]. 1860. Periodical. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/scsm001141/. (Accessed December 16, 2017.)
APA citation style:
(1860) [The Monroe and weekly, newspaper. July 12, 1860]. [Periodical] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/scsm001141/.
MLA citation style:
[The Monroe and weekly, newspaper. July 12, 1860]. 1860. Periodical. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/scsm001141/>.