3D Object Image 1 of Mary Todd Lincoln's seed-pearl necklace and matching bracelets.
About this Item
- Mary Todd Lincoln's seed-pearl necklace and matching bracelets.
- Contributor Names
- Tiffany (Artist)
- Created / Published
- n. d.
- Subject Headings
- - Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865
- - Lincoln, Mary Todd (1818-1882)
- - inaugural ball
- - Physical Objects
- - Realia
- Physical Objects
- - The jewelry came to the Library in 1937 as part of the gift from Lincoln's granddaughter, Mary Lincoln Isham
- - Tiffany records indicate that President Abraham Lincoln purchased the items on April 28, 1862 in Manhattan. "The pearl necklace sold for $180 and the two bracelets for $350., and that on January 24, 1863, we sold two bracelets to order for $350.
- - Mary Todd Lincoln wore the jewelry to the first Lincoln inaugural ball.
- Source Collection
- The Alfred Whital Stern Collection of Lincolniana
- Rare Book And Special Collections Division
- Digital Id
- Online Format
- online text
Articles and Essays with this item:
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright or any other restrictions for the documents in this collection. However, some of the content may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) and/or by the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Additionally, the reproduction of some materials may be restricted by privacy and/or publicity rights. The determination of the status of an item ultimately rests with the person desiring to reproduce or use the item.
Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Rare Book and Special Collections Division, Alfred Whital Stern Collection of Lincolniana.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Tiffany. Mary Todd Lincoln's seed-pearl necklace and matching bracelets. N. D. Online Text. https://www.loc.gov/item/scsm001298/.
APA citation style:
Tiffany. Mary Todd Lincoln's seed-pearl necklace and matching bracelets. N. D. [Online Text] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/scsm001298/.
MLA citation style:
Tiffany. Mary Todd Lincoln's seed-pearl necklace and matching bracelets. N. D. Online Text. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/scsm001298/>.