Collection Manuscripts/Mixed Material Page 1 of Alfred Whital Stern Collection of Lincolniana,
About this Item
- Alfred Whital Stern Collection of Lincolniana,
- Works by and about Abraham Lincoln (1809-1865) and his era; includes published and unpublished material on contemporary figures, slavery, the Civil War, and Reconstruction; the bronze casts of Lincoln's head and hands made by Leonard W. Volk, the modeling tools he used in their creation, with supporting ms. and photographs; the papers of James B. Merwin, army chaplain appointed by Lincoln during the Civil War.
- Subject Headings
- - Lincoln, Abraham,--1809-1865
- - Lincoln, Abraham,--1809-1865--Contemporaries
- - Lincoln, Abraham,--1809-1865--Assassination
- - Lincoln, Abraham,--1809-1865--Death and burial
- - Lincoln, Abraham,--1809-1865--Correspondence
- - Lincoln, Abraham,--1809-1865--Songs and music
- - Lincoln, Abraham,--1809-1865--Miscellanea
- - Volk, Leonard Wells,--1828-1895
- - Merwin, James Burtis,--1829-1917
- - Lincoln-Douglas Debates, Ill., 1858--Sources
- - Slavery--United States--History--Sources
- - Reconstruction (U.S. history, 1865-1877)--Sources
- - United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Sources
- - United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Songs and music
- - United States--History--19th century--Sources
- - Formats include books, pamphlets, broadsides, sheet music, prints, cartoons, maps, contemporary newspapers, correspondence, stamps, coins, printed ephemera, medals, and sculpture.
- - Books and pamphlets are cataloged individually in the Library of Congress online catalog.
- - The Alfred Whital Stern Collection of Lincolniana was deposited in the Library of Congress in 1951 and formally given to the Library by Mr. Stern in 1953. The collection has been added to since that time. A Catalog of the Alfred Whital Stern Collection of Lincolniana (Washington: Library of Congress, 1960) provides access to the collection as it was constituted as of September 1958.
- - A portion of the collection is available on the Library of Congress Web site as the "The Alfred Whital Stern Collection of Lincolniana."
- - Gift, Alfred Whital Stern; 1953.
- ca. 11,100 items.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- E457 .S835 1824
- Library of Congress Rare Book and Special Collections Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA dcu http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.rbc/rbc.home
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Access Advisory
- Researchers are advised to contact the Rare Book and Special Collections Reading Room for access information well in advance of their visit. http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.rbc/rbc.contact
- Online Format
- online text
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Death and Burial
Lincoln-Douglas Debates, Ill.
Merwin, James Burtis
Reconstruction (U.S. History,)
Songs and Music
Volk, Leonard Wells
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Alfred Whital Stern Collection of Lincolniana. 1824. Manuscript/Mixed Material. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://lccn.loc.gov/2014656901. (Accessed February 27, 2017.)
APA citation style:
(1824) Alfred Whital Stern Collection of Lincolniana. [Manuscript/Mixed Material] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://lccn.loc.gov/2014656901.
MLA citation style:
Alfred Whital Stern Collection of Lincolniana. 1824. Manuscript/Mixed Material. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://lccn.loc.gov/2014656901>.