Manuscript/Mixed Material Image 1 of Federal Writers' Project: Slave Narrative Project, Vol. 2, Arkansas, Part 1, Abbott-Byrd
About this Item
- Federal Writers' Project: Slave Narrative Project, Vol. 2, Arkansas, Part 1, Abbott-Byrd
- Created / Published
- November-December 1938
- - Includes narratives by Dina Beard, Aunt Adeline, John W. H. Barnett, Josephine Ann Barnett, Lizzie Barnett, Silas Abbott, Lucian Abernathy, Laura Abromson, Spencer Barnett, Emma Barr, Robert Barr, Mose Banks, Emmett Beal, William Baltimore, Annie Beck, J.H. Beckwith, Enoch Beel, Sophie D. Belle, Cyrus Bellus, Bob Benford, Carrie Bradley Logan Bennet, George Benson, Kato Benton, James Bertrand, Alice Biggs, Matilda Bass, R.B. Anderson, Rose Adway, Liddie Aiken, Mattie Aldridge, Amsy O. Alexander, Diana Alexander, Fannie Alexander, Lucretia Alexander, Ed Allen, Lucindy Allison, Josephine Ames, Henry Banner, Nancy Anderson, Beatrice Black, Sarah Anderson, Selie Anderson, W.A. Anderson, Henry Anthony, Katie Arbery, Campbell Armstrong, Cora Armstrong, Lillie Baccus, Joseph Samuel Badgett, Jeff Bailey, James Baker, Charles Anderson, Maggie Broyles, F.H. Brown, George Brown, J.N. Brown, Lewis Brown, Lewis Brown, Mag Brown, Mary Brown, Mattie Brown, Molly Brown, Peter Brown, Mandy Billings, William Brown, Waters Brooks, Ida Bryant, Belle Buntin, Jeff Burgess, Norman Burkes, Will Burks, Sr., Adeline Burris, Jennie Butler, E.L. Byrd, Emmett Augusta Byrd, Casper Rumple, Lewis Brown, William Brown, Mal Boyd, Lewis Brown, Boston Blackwell, Henry Blake, Adeline Blakeley, Vera Roy Bobo, Liddie Boechus, Maggie (Bunny) Bond, Caroline Bonds, Rev. Frank T. Boone, J.F. Boone, Jonas Boone, Elcie Brown, Jack Boyd, Casie Jones Brown, George Braddox, George Braddox, Edward Bradley, Rachel Bradley, Elizabeth Brannon, Mack Brantley, Ellen Brass, Alice Bratton, Frank Briles, Mary Ann Brooks, Jane Birch, John Bowdry.
- - Interviews were conducted by Beaulah Sherwood Hagg, Bernice Bowden, Irene Robertson, Mary D. Hudgins, Miss Sallie C. Miller, Mrs. Annie L. LaCotts, Mrs. Bernice Bowden, Mrs. Rosa B. Ingram, Mrs. Zillah Cross Peel, Pernella M. Anderson, R. S. Taylor, Samuel S. Taylor, Thomas Elmore Lucy, Velma Sample, and Watt McKinney.
- - Interviews were conducted in Biscoe, Brinkley, Clarendon, Clarksville, Conway, De Valls Bluff, Des Arc, Dewitt, El Dorado, Fayetteville, Fordville, Forrest City, Hazen, Helena, Holly Grove, Hot Springs, Little Rock, Madison, Marianna, Marvell, North Little Rock, Paragould, Pine Bluff, Pine City, Russellville, St. Charles, West Memphis and Wheatley, Arkansas.
- 356 pages
- Source Collection
- Federal Writer's Project, United States Work Projects Administration (USWPA)
- Manuscript Division
- Digital Id
- Online Format
- online text
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress is not aware of any copyright restrictions for the materials presented in this collection. U.S. Government employees created the materials in this collection. Generally speaking, works created by U.S. Government employees are not eligible for copyright protection in the United States, although they may be under copyright in some foreign countries. The persons interviewed or whose words were transcribed were generally not employees of the U.S. Government. Privacy and publicity rights may apply.
More information about American Memory, Copyright and other Restrictions.
Suggested credit line:
For digital images of typewritten narratives: Library of Congress, Manuscript Division.
For digital images of photographs: Library of Congress, [name of custodial division].
Note: Photographs in the online collection may originate from either the Prints and Photographs Division or the Manuscript Division. The record for each photograph specifies its custodial division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Federal Writers' Project: Slave Narrative Project, Vol. 2, Arkansas, Part 1, Abbott-Byrd. November-December, 1936. Manuscript/Mixed Material. https://www.loc.gov/item/mesn021/.
APA citation style:
(1936) Federal Writers' Project: Slave Narrative Project, Vol. 2, Arkansas, Part 1, Abbott-Byrd. November-December. [Manuscript/Mixed Material] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/mesn021/.
MLA citation style:
Federal Writers' Project: Slave Narrative Project, Vol. 2, Arkansas, Part 1, Abbott-Byrd. November-December, 1936. Manuscript/Mixed Material. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/mesn021/>.