Manuscript/Mixed Material Eda Harper, Pine Bluff, Arkansas
About this Item
- Federal Writers' Project: Slave Narrative Project, Vol. 2, Arkansas, Part 3, Gadson-Isom
- - Includes narratives by Rachel Hankins, William Harris, Ambus Gray, Green Gray, Neely (Nely) Gray, Henry "Happy Day" Green, Henry Green, Frank Greene, Josephine Hamilton, Peter Hamilton, Lawrence Hampton, Hannah Hancock, Marthala Grant, Julia E. Haney, James Graham, Mary Jane Hardridge, O. C. Hardy, Rosa Hardy, Eda Harper, Abram Harris, Betty Harris, Mary Harris, Rachel Harris, Jennie Washington, Hannah Hancock, Jennie Wormly Gibson, George Greene, Andrew Gregory, Annie Griegg, William and Charlotte Guess, Lee Guidon, Linley Hadley, Anna Hall, Ellie Hamilton, Josephine Hamilton, Charlie Gadson, Dr. D. B. Gaines, Mary Gaines, Wesley Graves, Mike Genes, William H. Harrison, James Gill, Cora Gillam, J.N. Gillespie, Will Glass, Frank William Glenn, Ella Glespie, Joe Golden, Jake Goodridge, John Goodson (Goodrum), George Govan, Julia Grace, Charles Graham, William Gant, Pauline Howell, Rachel Harris, Betty Hodge, Minnie Holloman, H.B. Holloway, Pink Holly, Dora Holmes, Elijah Henry Hopkins, Nettie Hopson, Molly Horn, Cora L. Horton, Laura House, Pinkie Howard, Charlie Hinton, Josephine Howell, Charles Hinton, Molly Hudgens, Charlie Huff, Louvenia Huff, Anna Huggins, Margaret Hulm, John Hunter, William Hunter, Ida Blackshear Hutchinson, Cornelia Ishmon, Jack Island, Jack and Talitha Island, Mary Island, Pinkey (Pinkie) Howard, Annie Hill, Laura Hart, Hetty Haskell, Matilda Hatchett, John G. Hawkins, Lizzie Hawkins, Becky Hawkins, G. W. Hawkins, Eliza Hays, Tom Haynes, Joe Haywood, Marie E. Hervey, Phillis Hicks, Ben Hite, Bert Higgins, Henrietta Isom, Clark Hill, Elmira Hill, Gillie Hill, Harriet Hill, Hattie Hill, Oliver Hill, Rebecca Brown Hill, Tanny Hill, Elizabeth Hines, Will Hicks.
- - Interviews were conducted by Bernice Bowden, Beulah Sherwood Hagg, Carol Graham, Irene Robertson, Martin - Barker, Martin - Pettigrew, Mary D. Hudgins, Mildred Thompson, Mrs. Annie L. LaCotts, Pernella Anderson, Samuel S. Taylor, Thomas Elmore Lucy, and Watt McKinney.
- - Interviews were conducted in Barton, Biscoe, Braggfield, Brinkley, Clarendon, Des Arc, Devalls Bluff, Edmondson, El Dorado, Forrest City, Hazen, Helena (Home - Poplar Grove), Holly Grove, Hot Springs, Humphrey, Little Rock, Madison, Marvell, Near Barton and Helena, North Little Rock, Pine Bluff, Russellville and West Memphis, Arkansas.
- 394 pages
- Source Collection
- Federal Writer's Project, United States Work Projects Administration (USWPA)
- Manuscript Division
- Digital Id
- Online Format
- online text
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress is not aware of any copyright restrictions for the materials presented in this collection. U.S. Government employees created the materials in this collection. Generally speaking, works created by U.S. Government employees are not eligible for copyright protection in the United States, although they may be under copyright in some foreign countries. The persons interviewed or whose words were transcribed were generally not employees of the U.S. Government. Privacy and publicity rights may apply.
More information about American Memory, Copyright and other Restrictions.
Suggested credit line:
For digital images of typewritten narratives: Library of Congress, Manuscript Division.
For digital images of photographs: Library of Congress, [name of custodial division].
Note: Photographs in the online collection may originate from either the Prints and Photographs Division or the Manuscript Division. The record for each photograph specifies its custodial division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Federal Writers' Project: Slave Narrative Project, Vol. 2, Arkansas, Part 3, Gadson-Isom. 1936. Manuscript/Mixed Material. https://www.loc.gov/item/mesn023/.
APA citation style:
(1936) Federal Writers' Project: Slave Narrative Project, Vol. 2, Arkansas, Part 3, Gadson-Isom. [Manuscript/Mixed Material] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/mesn023/.
MLA citation style:
Federal Writers' Project: Slave Narrative Project, Vol. 2, Arkansas, Part 3, Gadson-Isom. 1936. Manuscript/Mixed Material. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/mesn023/>.