Manuscript/Mixed Material Image 246 of Federal Writers' Project: Slave Narrative Project, Vol. 2, Arkansas, Part 4, Jackson-Lynch
About this Item
- Federal Writers' Project: Slave Narrative Project, Vol. 2, Arkansas, Part 4, Jackson-Lynch
- - Includes narratives by Abbie Lindsay, Absolom Jenkins, Adaline Johnson, Adreanna (Adrianna) W. Kerns, Alice Johnson, Allen Johnson, Angeline Jones, Anna King, Annie Johnson, Annie Love, Arey Lamar, Barney A. Laird, Ben Johnson, Bessie Lawson, Betty Johnson, Betty Krump, Charlie Jones, Cinda Johnson, Clarice Jackson, Cyntha Jones, Dora Jerman, Edmond Jones, Eliza Jones, Ella Johnson, Ellis Jefferson, Elvie Lomack, Evelyn Jones, Fanny Johnson, Frank Kennedy, Frank Larkin, George Johnson, George Key, Henry Lee, Henry Long, Israel Jackson, John H. Logan, John Johnson, John Jones, John Luckett, John Lynch, Josephine Scott Lynch, Lawson Jamar, Letha Johnson, Lewis Johnson, Lidia Jones, Liza Jones (Cookie), Lizzie Johnson, Lizzie Luckado, Louis Johnson, Louis Lucas, Lucy Jones, Lucy Key, Lula Jackson, Lydia Jones, Mag Johnson, Mandy Johnson, Mandy Lee, Marion Johnson, Martha Johnson, Mary Jackson, Mary Jones, Mary Lee, Millie (Old Bill) Johnson, Minerva Lofton, Mose King, Moses Jeffries, Nannie Jones, Needham Love, Nellie James, Oscar Felix Junell, Preston Kyles, Reuben Jones, Rev. Ellis Jefson, Robert James, Robert Lofton, Rosa Lindsay, Rosie Johnson, Saint Johnson, Sam Keaton, Solomon Lambert, Susa Lagrone, Susie King, Talitha Lewis, Taylor Jackson, Tines Kendricks, Vergil Jones, Virginia Jackson, Walter Jones, William Jackson, William Kirk, William Lattimore, William Little, Willie Johnson.
- - Interviews were conducted by Bernice Bowden, Carol Graham, Cecil Copeland, Irene Robertson, Martin - Barker, Mary D. Hudgins, Miss Irene Robertson, Miss Sallie C. Miller, Mrs. Bernice Bowden, Mrs. W. M. Ball, Pernella M. Anderson, Samuel S. Taylor, Thomas Elmore Lucy, Watt McKinney, and Zillah Cross Peel.
- - Interviews were conducted in Atkins, Biscoe, Brinkley, Cane Hill, Clarendon, Coal Hill, Edmondson, El Dorado, Forrest City, Hazen, Helena, Holly Grove, Hot Springs, Lexa, Little Rock, Marianna, Near Biscoe and Brinkley, Near Holly Grove and Clarendon, Palestine, Palmetto, Pine Bluff, Russellville, Texarkana, Trenton and West Memphis, Arkansas.
- 314 pages
- Source Collection
- Federal Writer's Project, United States Work Projects Administration (USWPA)
- Manuscript Division
- Digital Id
- Online Format
- online text
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress is not aware of any copyright restrictions for the materials presented in this collection. U.S. Government employees created the materials in this collection. Generally speaking, works created by U.S. Government employees are not eligible for copyright protection in the United States, although they may be under copyright in some foreign countries. The persons interviewed or whose words were transcribed were generally not employees of the U.S. Government. Privacy and publicity rights may apply.
More information about American Memory, Copyright and other Restrictions.
Suggested credit line:
For digital images of typewritten narratives: Library of Congress, Manuscript Division.
For digital images of photographs: Library of Congress, [name of custodial division].
Note: Photographs in the online collection may originate from either the Prints and Photographs Division or the Manuscript Division. The record for each photograph specifies its custodial division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Federal Writers' Project: Slave Narrative Project, Vol. 2, Arkansas, Part 4, Jackson-Lynch. 1936. Manuscript/Mixed Material. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/mesn024/. (Accessed September 23, 2017.)
APA citation style:
(1936) Federal Writers' Project: Slave Narrative Project, Vol. 2, Arkansas, Part 4, Jackson-Lynch. [Manuscript/Mixed Material] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/mesn024/.
MLA citation style:
Federal Writers' Project: Slave Narrative Project, Vol. 2, Arkansas, Part 4, Jackson-Lynch. 1936. Manuscript/Mixed Material. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/mesn024/>.