Manuscript/Mixed Material Image 360 of Federal Writers' Project: Slave Narrative Project, Vol. 3, Florida, Anderson-Wilson (with combined interviews of others)
About this Item
- Federal Writers' Project: Slave Narrative Project, Vol. 3, Florida, Anderson-Wilson (with combined interviews of others)
- - Includes narratives by Acie Thomas, Amanda McCray, Ambrose Douglass, Anna Scott, Annie Gail, Annie Trip, Jessie Rowell, Margaret White, Priscilla Mitchell, Fannie McCay, Hattie Thomas, David Lee, Arnold Gragston, Banana Williams, Bill Austin, Bolden Hall, Charles Coates, Charley Roberts, Frank Bates, William Neighten, Rivana Boynton, Salem Taswell, Charlotte Martin, Christine Mitchell, Cindy Kinsey, Claude Augusta Wilson, Clayborn Gantling, Dave Taylor, David Lee, Della Bess Hilyard, Douglas Dorsey, Douglas Parish, Duncan Gaines, Edward Lycurgas, Fannie McCay, Florida Clayton, Frank Bates, Frank Berry, George Pretty, Harriett Gresham, Hattie Thomas, Henry Maxwell, Irene Coates, Jennie Golder, Jessie Rowell, John Henry (Prophet) Kemp, Josephine Anderson, Lindsey Moore, Louis Napoleon, Luke Towns, Mack Mullen, Mama Duck, Margaret White, Margrett Nickerson, Mary Minus Biddie, Matilda Brooks, Millie Sampson, Neil Coker, Patience Campbell, Priscilla Mitchell, Randall Lee, Rebecca Hooks, Rev. Eli Boyd, Rev. Squires Jackson, Rev. Young Winston Davis, Rivana Boynton, Salena Taswell, Sam and Louisa Everett, Samuel Simeon Andrews, Samuel Smalls, Sarah Ross, Shack Thomas, Taylor Gilbert, Titus Bynes, William Neighten, William Sherman, Willis Dukes, Willis Williams.
- - Interviews were conducted by Alfred Farrell, Barbara Darsey, Cora M. Taylor, J. M. Johnson, James Johnson, Jules A. Frost, L. Rebecca Baker, Martin D. Richardson, Pearl Randolph, Rachel A. Austin, Rachel Davis, Samuel Johnson, and Viola B. Muse.
- - Interviews were conducted in Brooksville, Chaseville, Dade County, Daytona Beach, Eatonville, Grandin, Greenwood, Jacksonville, Lake City, Live Oak, Madison, Miami, Monticello, Mulberry, Palatka, Saint Augustine, South Jacksonville, Sunbeam, Tampa, Titusville, Vero Beach and Gifford, Florida.
- 382 pages
- Source Collection
- Federal Writer's Project, United States Work Projects Administration (USWPA)
- Manuscript Division
- Digital Id
- Online Format
- online text
The Library of Congress is not aware of any copyright restrictions for the materials presented in this collection. U.S. Government employees created the materials in this collection. Generally speaking, works created by U.S. Government employees are not eligible for copyright protection in the United States, although they may be under copyright in some foreign countries. The persons interviewed or whose words were transcribed were generally not employees of the U.S. Government. Privacy and publicity rights may apply.
More information about American Memory, Copyright and other Restrictions.
Suggested credit line:
For digital images of typewritten narratives: Library of Congress, Manuscript Division.
For digital images of photographs: Library of Congress, [name of custodial division].
Note: Photographs in the online collection may originate from either the Prints and Photographs Division or the Manuscript Division. The record for each photograph specifies its custodial division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Federal Writers' Project: Slave Narrative Project, Vol. 3, Florida, Anderson-Wilson with combined interviews of others. 1936. Manuscript/Mixed Material. https://www.loc.gov/item/mesn030/.
APA citation style:
(1936) Federal Writers' Project: Slave Narrative Project, Vol. 3, Florida, Anderson-Wilson with combined interviews of others. [Manuscript/Mixed Material] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/mesn030/.
MLA citation style:
Federal Writers' Project: Slave Narrative Project, Vol. 3, Florida, Anderson-Wilson with combined interviews of others. 1936. Manuscript/Mixed Material. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/mesn030/>.