Manuscript/Mixed Material Image 13 of Salmon P. Chase Papers: General Correspondence, 1810-1898; 1863; Jan. 1-15
About this Item
- Salmon P. Chase Papers: General Correspondence, 1810-1898; 1863; Jan. 1-15
- Contributor Names
- Chase, Salmon P. (Salmon Portland), 1808-1873
- Created / Published
- January 1, 1863
- Subject Headings
- - Reconstruction (U.S. history, 1865-1877)
- - United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865
- - United States--History--1865-1898
- - United States. Supreme Court
- - Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865
- - Cabinet officers
- - Lawyers
- - United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Campaigns
- - Cooke, Jay, 1821-1905--Correspondence
- - Hoyt, Janet Ralston Chase, 1847-1925--Correspondence
- - Sprague, Kate Chase, 1840-1899--Correspondence
- - Chase family
- - United States. Department of the Treasury. Office of the Secretary
- - Antislavery movements--United States
- - Constitutional law--United States
- - Finance, Public--United States
- - Law--United States
- - Slavery--United States
- - Ohio--Politics and government--1787-1865
- - United States--Economic policy--To 1933
- - United States--Politics and government--1849-1877
- - Abolitionists
- - Governors--Ohio
- - Jurists
- - Senators, U.S. Congress
- - Manuscripts
- - United States -- Ohio
- Call Number/Physical Location
- series: General Correspondence, 1810-1898
- mss15610, reel 19
- Source Collection
- Salmon P. Chase papers, 1755-1898
- Manuscript Division
- Digital Id
- Online Format
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
ContributorsChase, Salmon P. (Salmon Portland)
Hoyt, Janet Ralston Chase
Politics and Government
Reconstruction (U.S. History,)
Senators, U.S. Congress
Sprague, Kate Chase
United States. Department of the Treasury. Office of the Secretary
United States. Supreme Court
Articles and Essays with this item:
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress provides access to manuscripts at the Library of Congress for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
The written permission of the copyright owners and/or holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Manuscript Division, Salmon P. Chase Papers.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Chase, Salmon P. Salmon P. Chase Papers: General Correspondence, -1898; 1863; Jan. 1-15. January 1, 1863. Manuscript/Mixed Material. https://www.loc.gov/item/mss156100140/.
APA citation style:
Chase, S. P. (1863) Salmon P. Chase Papers: General Correspondence, -1898; 1863; Jan. 1-15. January 1. [Manuscript/Mixed Material] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/mss156100140/.
MLA citation style:
Chase, Salmon P. Salmon P. Chase Papers: General Correspondence, -1898; 1863; Jan. 1-15. January 1, 1863. Manuscript/Mixed Material. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/mss156100140/>.