Manuscript/Mixed Material Image 13 of Philip Henry Sheridan Papers: General Correspondence, 1853-1888; 1871; Oct.
About this Item
- Philip Henry Sheridan Papers: General Correspondence, 1853-1888; 1871; Oct.
- Contributor Names
- Sheridan, Philip Henry, 1831-1888.
- Subject Headings
- - Reconstruction (U.S. history, 1865-1877)
- - United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865
- - Grant, Ulysses S. (Ulysses Simpson), 1822-1885--Correspondence
- - Army officers
- - Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865--Correspondence
- - Sherman, William T. (William Tecumseh), 1820-1891--Correspondence
- - Indians of North America--Government relations
- - Indians of North America--Wars
- - Shenandoah Valley Campaign, 1864 (May-August)
- - United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Cavalry operations
- - Yellowstone River--Discovery and exploration
- - Manuscripts
- - United States -- Virginia
- Call Number/Physical Location
- series: General Correspondence, 1853-1888
- mss39768, reel 3
- Source Collection
- Philip Henry Sheridan papers
- Manuscript Division
- Digital Id
- Online Format
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
- Army Officers
- Cavalry Operations
- Civil War
- Discovery and Exploration
- Government Relations
- Grant, Ulysses S. (Ulysses Simpson)
- Indians of North America
- Lincoln, Abraham
- Reconstruction (U.S. History,)
- Shenandoah Valley Campaign, (May-August)
- Sherman, William T. (William Tecumseh)
- United States
- Yellowstone River
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress provides access to manuscripts at the Library of Congress for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
The written permission of the copyright owners and/or holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Manuscript Division, Philip Henry Sheridan Papers.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Sheridan, Philip Henry. Philip Henry Sheridan Papers: General Correspondence, -1888; 1871; Oct. 1871. Manuscript/Mixed Material. https://www.loc.gov/item/mss397680069/.
APA citation style:
Sheridan, P. H. (1871) Philip Henry Sheridan Papers: General Correspondence, -1888; 1871; Oct. [Manuscript/Mixed Material] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/mss397680069/.
MLA citation style:
Sheridan, Philip Henry. Philip Henry Sheridan Papers: General Correspondence, -1888; 1871; Oct. 1871. Manuscript/Mixed Material. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/mss397680069/>.