Manuscript/Mixed Material Image 11 of Margaret Bayard Smith Papers: Commonplace Books, 1799-1843; [1809-1829]
About this Item
- Margaret Bayard Smith Papers: Commonplace Books, 1799-1843; [1809-1829]
- Contributor Names
- Smith, Margaret Bayard, 1778-1844.
- Created / Published
- 1809 - 1829
- Subject Headings
- - Jefferson, Thomas, 1743-1826—Homes and haunts—Virginia--Monticello
- - Madison, Dolley, 1768-1849
- - Madison, James, 1751-1836—Homes and haunts—Virginia—Montpelier
- - Commonplace books
- - Women—United States—Diaries
- - Women—Washington (D.C.)—Social life and customs—19th century
- - Smith, Samuel Harrison, 1772-1845--Correspondence
- - Washington (D.C.)--History--War of 1812
- - Correspondence
- - United States -- Washington (D.C.)
- Call Number/Physical Location
- mss40436, box 1; reel 1
- series: Commonplace Books, 1799-1843
- Source Collection
- Margaret Bayard Smith Papers
- Manuscript Division
- Digital Id
- Online Format
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
- Commonplace Books
- Jefferson, Thomas,—homes and Haunts—virginia
- Madison, Dolley
- Madison, James,—homes and Haunts—virginia—montpelier
- Smith, Samuel Harrison
- War of 1812
- Washington (D.C.)
- Women—united States—diaries
- Women—washington (D.C.)—SOCIAL Life and Customs—19th Century
The Library of Congress provides access to manuscripts at the Library of Congress for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
The written permission of the copyright owners and/or holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Manuscript Division, Margaret Bayard Smith Papers.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Smith, Margaret Bayard. Margaret Bayard Smith Papers: Commonplace Books, -1843; 1809 to 1829. - 1829, 1809. Manuscript/Mixed Material. https://www.loc.gov/item/mss40436005/.
APA citation style:
Smith, M. B. (1809) Margaret Bayard Smith Papers: Commonplace Books, -1843; 1809 to 1829. - 1829. [Manuscript/Mixed Material] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/mss40436005/.
MLA citation style:
Smith, Margaret Bayard. Margaret Bayard Smith Papers: Commonplace Books, -1843; 1809 to 1829. - 1829, 1809. Manuscript/Mixed Material. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/mss40436005/>.