Manuscript/Mixed Material Image 247 of Anna Maria Brodeau Thornton Papers: Diaries and journals; Vol. 4, 1828-1835
About this Item
- Anna Maria Brodeau Thornton Papers: Diaries and journals; Vol. 4, 1828-1835
- Contributor Names
- Thornton, Anna Maria Brodeau, 1775?-1865.
- Created / Published
- 1828 - 1835
- Subject Headings
- - Jefferson, Thomas, 1743-1826—Homes and haunts—Virginia--Monticello
- - Madison, Dolley, 1768-1849
- - Madison, James, 1751-1836—Homes and haunts—Virginia—Montpelier
- - Polk, James K. (James Knox), 1795-1849--Inauguration, 1845
- - Smith, Margaret Bayard, 1778-1844
- - Thornton, William, 1759-1828
- - Washington, George, 1732-1799—Homes and haunts—Virginia—Mount Vernon
- - Washington, Martha, 1731-1802
- - Commonplace books
- - Slaves—Washington (D.C.)
- - United States—History—Civil War, 1861-1865—Washington (D.C.)
- - United States--History--War of 1812--Campaigns
- - Women—United States—Diaries
- - Women—Washington (D.C.)—Social life and customs—19th century
- - Manuscripts
- - United States -- Washington (D.C.)
- Call Number/Physical Location
- mss51862, box 4; reel 1
- Source Collection
- Anna Maria Brodeau Thornton Papers
- Manuscript Division
- Digital Id
- Online Format
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
- Commonplace Books
- Jefferson, Thomas,—homes and Haunts—virginia
- Madison, Dolley
- Madison, James,—homes and Haunts—virginia—montpelier
- Polk, James K. (James Knox)
- Slaves—washington (D.C.)
- Smith, Margaret Bayard
- Thornton, William
- United States
- United States—history—civil War,—washington (D.C.)
- War of 1812
- Washington, George,—homes and Haunts—virginia—mount Vernon
- Washington, Martha
- Women—united States—diaries
- Women—washington (D.C.)—SOCIAL Life and Customs—19th Century
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress provides access to manuscripts at the Library of Congress for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
The written permission of the copyright owners and/or holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Manuscript Division, Anna Maria Brodeau Thornton Papers.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Thornton, Anna Maria Brodeau, 1775?-1865. Anna Maria Brodeau Thornton Papers: Diaries and journals; Vol. 4, -1835. - 1835, 1828. Manuscript/Mixed Material. https://www.loc.gov/item/mss5186204/.
APA citation style:
Thornton, A. M. B. (1828) Anna Maria Brodeau Thornton Papers: Diaries and journals; Vol. 4, -1835. - 1835. [Manuscript/Mixed Material] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/mss5186204/.
MLA citation style:
Thornton, Anna Maria Brodeau, 1775?-1865. Anna Maria Brodeau Thornton Papers: Diaries and journals; Vol. 4, -1835. - 1835, 1828. Manuscript/Mixed Material. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/mss5186204/>.