Manuscript/Mixed Material Image 104 of Excerpts from classical Persian poetry.
About this Item
- Excerpts from classical Persian poetry.
- Other Title
- Ghazalīyāt-i shaykh Saʻdī
- Selection of poems from classical Persian poets.
- Contributor Names
- Jāmī, 1414-1492.
- Ḥāfiẓ, active 14th century.
- Created / Published
- 1249 [1833 or 1834] (in a later hand)
- Subject Headings
- - Manuscripts, Persian--Washington (D.C.)
- - Iran
- - Manuscript.
- - Persian.
- - Title from container.
- - Scribe not identified.
- - Written in Iran.
- - Paper; very thin, polished white laid paper with no visible chain lines or watermarks; text enclosed in double ruled border, the outer one of a thin gold line, the inner border of a thin and a thick gold line, all edged in black; text divided into two columns by two thin gold lines also edged in black; black ink; miniscule catchwords.
- - Shikastah script; text written diagonally; 8 lines in written area 9 x 4 cm.
- - Elaborate Qajar style full page miniature paintings on fol. 16a, 34a, 49b, 65b, 96b, 112b, 143b, and 152b.
- - Fol. 1b-168a.
- - Library of Congress. Persian manuscript, M110.
- - Elaborate can leather with laquer painting of a floral design with dorative border; inside of cover decorated with a floral design in contrasting colors; hinged at top edge.
- - Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress website.
- 168 leaves (8 lines), paper : bound ; 13 x 7 cm
- Call Number/Physical Location
- PK6431 .E93 1833
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The contents of the Library of Congress Persian Language Manuscript Project are in the public domain or have no known copyright restrictions and are free to use and reuse.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, African and Middle East Division, Near East Section Persian Manuscript Collection
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
SaʻDī, Jāmī, and Active 14Th Century Ḥāfiẓ. Excerpts from classical Persian poetry. [1833 or 1834 in a Later Hand, 1833] Manuscript/Mixed Material. https://www.loc.gov/item/2017406025/.
APA citation style:
SaʻDī, Jāmī & Ḥāfiẓ, A. 1. C. (1833) Excerpts from classical Persian poetry. [1833 or 1834 in a Later Hand] [Manuscript/Mixed Material] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2017406025/.
MLA citation style:
SaʻDī, Jāmī, and Active 14Th Century Ḥāfiẓ. Excerpts from classical Persian poetry. [1833 or 1834 in a Later Hand, 1833] Manuscript/Mixed Material. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2017406025/>.
More Manuscripts/Mixed Material like this
بهارستان جامي. Collection of memorable sayings, witticisms, anecdotes, etc., in prose and poetry in 8 books; concerning (book 1) Sufis and saints, 2) sayings of the philosophers, 3) justice of kings, 4) generosity, 5)...
- Contributor: Jāmī
- Date: 1793
Dīvān-i silsilah va al-z̲ahab min ashʻār
ديوان سلسلة و ال-ذهب من شسعار / Manuscript. Persian. Title from folio 1b. Title and author statement on facing pages. Probably copied in Iran. Paper; cream-colored, Middle Eastern laid paper with no chain lines; black ink, section headings in...
- Contributor: Jāmī
- Date: 1830
[ديوان حافظ]. Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress Web site. Manuscript. Persian. Title based on comparison with other copies. Scribe not identified. Gift of Cyrus Ebrahim Zadeh, Nov. 9, 2009....
- Contributor: Ḥāfiẓ
- Date: 17??
Kitāb-i Būstān-i Shaykh Saʼdī raḥimahu Allāh.
كتاب بوستان شيخ سعدى رحمه الله. Manuscript. Persian. Title from fol. 2b. Written by Sulṭānmuḥammad al-Kātib. Probably written in Iran. Paper; thick, dark cream color laid paper with no visible chain lines or watermarks; elaborate unwan on fol....
- Contributor: Saʻdī
- Date: 1535
Kitāb-i kullīyāt-i Shaykh Saʻdī ʻalayhi al-raḥmah.
كتاب كليات شيخ سعدي عليه الرحمه. Complete works of the poet Saʻdi.
- Contributor: Saʻdī
- Date: 1792