Manuscript/Mixed Material Image 8 of [Qurʼān].
About this Item
- Contributor Names
- Nayrīzī, Aḥmad, scribe.
- Created / Published
- 1120 [1708 or 1709]
- Subject Headings
- - Manuscripts, Arabic--Washington (D.C.)
- - Manuscripts, Persian--Washington (D.C.)
- - Iran
- - Manuscript.
- - Arabic and Persian.
- - Title supplied by cataloger.
- - Written by Aḥmad al-Nayrīzī.
- - Written in Iran.
- - Paper; thin, cream color polished paper with no watermarks; elaborate floral unwan in gold, black, blue and red; fol. 1b and 2a have gold floral design in borders; in remainder of the work, the text is enclosed in an elaborate ruled border of blue, gold, red and blue; the text has an interlinear Persian translation in red ink from the beginning to the end of Sūrat al-Baqarah, 278; verses separated by gold medallions; black ink; catchwords.
- - Naskh; 12 lines in written area 25 x 13.5 cm.
- - Fol. 1b-336b.
- - Library of Congress. Arabic manuscript, M132.
- - Binding is black laquer with orangish gold floral designs; border around center panel contains Qur'anic verses.
- - Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress website.
- - Explicit/Colophon: حرره الداعي لابود الدولة القاهرة الماهرة احمد النيريزي في 1120.
- 336 leaves (12 lines), paper : bound ; 36.7 x 23 cm
- Call Number/Physical Location
- BP100 1708
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The contents of the Library of Congress Persian Language Manuscript Project are in the public domain or have no known copyright restrictions and are free to use and reuse.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, African and Middle East Division, Near East Section Persian Manuscript Collection
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Nayrīzī, Aḥmad, Scribe. Qurʼān. [1708 or 1709, 1708] Manuscript/Mixed Material. https://www.loc.gov/item/2017406493/.
APA citation style:
Nayrīzī, A. (1708) Qurʼān. [1708 or 1709] [Manuscript/Mixed Material] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2017406493/.
MLA citation style:
Nayrīzī, Aḥmad, Scribe. Qurʼān. [1708 or 1709, 1708] Manuscript/Mixed Material. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2017406493/>.
More Manuscripts/Mixed Material like this
Qurʼān bā tarjumah-i Fārsī. Manuscript. Arabic and Persian; colophon in Turkish (Arabic script). Title from container. Scribe not identified. Probably written in Iran. Paper; cream color paper with no visible watermarks; elaborate unwans on fol. 1b...
- Date: 1877
[Qurʼān]. Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress Web site. Manuscript. Arabic and Persian. Title supplied by cataloger. Written by "Ibn ʻAlī". Gift of Cyrus Ebrahim Zadeh, Nov. 9, 2009....
- Date: 1695
Zubūr Āl Muḥammad.
زبور آل محمد. | Zubūr Ahl al-Bayt | Ṣaḥīfah al-Sajjādīyah | Zābūr Āl Muḥammad, 1064 A.H., Ad'iyah wa-mawāiẓ Collection of doxologies and prayers, ascribed to ʻAlī or to his grandson Zayn al-ʻĀbidin ʻAlī ibn al-Ḥusayn
- Contributor: Zayn Al-ʻābidīn ʻalī Ibn Al-Ḥusayn - ʻalī Ibn Abī Ṭālib
- Date: 1654
Kitāb-i mustaṭāb-i Iqbāl al-ṣāliḥāt
کتاب مستطاب اقبال الصالحات / | Iqbāl al-ṣāliḥāt Manuscript. Persian and Arabic. Title from colophon. Scribe not identified. Gift of Cyrus Ebrahim Zadeh, Nov. 9, 2009. Written in Iran? Paper: yellowish, polished cream color paper with no visible watermarks; black...
- Contributor: Mihr Raḥīm Khān
- Date: 18??
مناجات. Munājāt (Supplication) of ʻAli ibn Abī Ṭālib.
- Contributor: Vahīd Ḥusaynī - ʻalī Ibn Abī Ṭālib
- Date: 17??