Book/Printed Material Image 82 of Plates only (copy 3) Plates only (copy 3)
About this Item
- Voyage dans l'intérieur de l'Amérique du Nord, exécuté pendant les années 1832, 1833 et 1834,
- Contributor Names
- Wied, Maximilian, Prinz von, 1782-1867.
- Bodmer, Karl, 1809-1893, ill.
- Created / Published
- Paris, A. Bertrand, 1840-1843.
- Subject Headings
- - United States--Description and travel
- - Indians of North America
- - Indians of North America--Languages
- - Natural history--United States
- - Translated from the German.
- - The atlas comprises 81 plates, in part colored, numbered 1-48 and I-XXXIII, the latter set being called "vignettes." The most remarkable are the portraits, in rich colors and from life, of American Indians.
- - LC copy bound in half red leather over marbled paper boards. Rebacked with original spine laid down. Atlas disbound, illustrations separately mounted in 6 cases. Vignettes X, XX, XXII, XXIV, XXVII and plates 3, 7-8, 12-14, 17, 22, 24, 27-28, 32-33, 45-46 hand colored. Accompanied by t.p. for "Sixième livraison."
- - Plates also available in digital form on the Library of Congress Web site.
- - LAC nsk 2019-04-22 no edits (2 cards)
- 3 v. illus., plates, fold. map, plan. 24 cm. and atlas (62 x 46 cm.)
- Call Number/Physical Location
- E165 .W66
- E165 .W66 Copy 2 Copy 2. Imperfect: folded map in v. 3 and atlas wanting. Maroon library buckram. Illustrations bound at end of each volume of text. Vol. 1 includes "Catalogue de la librairie de B.L. Garnier" (52 p.).
- E165 .W66 Copy 3 Copy 3. Quarter green leather over green mottled paper boards. Illustrations bound at end of each volume of text. Folded map in v. 3 is partly hand colored and slightly torn. Atlas bound in half dark green leather over dark blue cloth boards. All vignettes and plates hand colored. Atlas includes partly hand colored duplicate copy of folded map in v. 3 of text. Purchase, Sept. 26, 1991 (DLC #0209320, 0209321, 0209327).
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright or any other restrictions in the documents in this collection. However, some of the content may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) and/or by the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Additionally, the reproduction of some materials may be restricted by privacy and/or publicity rights. The determination of the status of an item ultimately rests with the person desiring to reproduce or use the item.
Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Rare Book and Special Collections Division
Availability of Reproductions
To inquire about copies of Rare Book and Special Collections Division items, contact the Photoduplication Service (telephone: 202-707-5640). Orders are accepted by mail and by fax.
The Photoduplication Service estimates that it takes 3-6 weeks to complete an order.
For Further Information
If you have comments or additional questions, please contact us.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Wied, Maximilian, Prinz Von, and Karl Bodmer. Voyage dans l'intérieur de l'Amérique du Nord, exécuté pendant les années , 1833 et 1834. Paris, A. Bertrand, to 1843, 1840. Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/02005383/.
APA citation style:
Wied, M. & Bodmer, K. (1840) Voyage dans l'intérieur de l'Amérique du Nord, exécuté pendant les années , 1833 et 1834. Paris, A. Bertrand, to 1843. [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/02005383/.
MLA citation style:
Wied, Maximilian, Prinz Von, and Karl Bodmer. Voyage dans l'intérieur de l'Amérique du Nord, exécuté pendant les années , 1833 et 1834. Paris, A. Bertrand, to 1843, 1840. Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/02005383/>.
More Books/Printed Material like this
Maximilian, Prince of Wied's, Travels in the interior of North America, 1832-1834.
Travels in the interior of North America, 1832-1834 | Comprising the series of original paintings by Charles Bodmer, to illustrate Maximilian, Prince of Wied's, Travels in the interior of North America, 1832-1834 German original, Coblenz, 1839-1841, published under title: "Reise in das innere Nord-America ..." The present edition is a reprint of the London edition of 1843, translated by H. Evans Lloyd, with the...
- Contributor: Lloyd, Hannibal Evans - Wied, Maximilian - Bodmer, Karl - Thwaites, Reuben Gold
- Date: 1906
Account of an expedition from Pittsburgh to the Rocky Mountains, performed in the years 1819, 1820. ... LAC scc 2019-06-12 update (1 card)
- Contributor: United States. War Department - James, Edwin - Say, Thomas - Long, Stephen Harriman
- Date: 1823
A new voyage to Carolina : containing the exact description and natural history of that country ... Reissued with new title: The history of Carolina ... London, W. Taylor, [etc] 1714. Signatures: A-Z⁴ . Aa-Ll⁴. ESTC T133233 Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress Web site....
- Contributor: Lawson, John
- Date: 1709
Narrative of an expedition to the source of St. Peter's River, Lake Winnepeck, Lake of the ...
Major Long's second expedition William Hypolitus Keating (1799-1840), a professor of mineralogy and chemistry at the University of Pennsylvania (1822-1828), compiled this two-volume account of a scientific expedition in 1823 under the auspices of President Monroe's...
- Contributor: Keating, William Hypolitus - Colhoun, James E. (James Edward) - Long, Stephen H. (Stephen Harriman) - Say, Thomas - Schweinitz, Lewis David Von - Lovell, Joseph
- Date: 1824
Histoire naturelle. LAC iak 2018-09-12 Rare shelf list card has a different range of publication dates: 1749-1778.
- Contributor: Buffon, Georges Louis Leclerc
- Date: 1749