Book/Printed Material Image 9 of Page view Page view
About this Item
- A visit from Saint Nicholas
- Contributor Names
- Moore, Clement Clarke, 1779-1863.
- Darley, Felix Octavius Carr, 1822-1888, ill.
- Orr, Nathaniel, engraver.
- Alvord, Corydon A., approximately 1812-1874, printer.
- James G. Gregory (Firm), publisher.
- Created / Published
- New York : James G. Gregory, publisher, 
- Subject Headings
- - Santa Claus--Juvenile poetry
- - Christmas poetry
- - Children's poetry, American
- Juvenile literature--1862
- - Cover title.
- - In verse.
- - Printer and engraver named on p. .
- - Haviland, V. Yankee Doodle's literary sampler, p. 168-175
- - Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress Web site.
- 7,  p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- PS2429.M5 V5 1862
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- Cover title. In verse. Printer and engraver named on p. . Haviland, V. Yankee Doodle's literary sampler, p. 168-175 Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress Web site.
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright or any other restrictions in the documents in this collection. However, some of the content may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) and/or by the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Additionally, the reproduction of some materials may be restricted by privacy and/or publicity rights. The determination of the status of an item ultimately rests with the person desiring to reproduce or use the item.
Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Rare Book and Special Collections Division
Availability of Reproductions
To inquire about copies of Rare Book and Special Collections Division items, contact the Photoduplication Service (telephone: 202-707-5640). Orders are accepted by mail and by fax.
The Photoduplication Service estimates that it takes 3-6 weeks to complete an order.
For Further Information
If you have comments or additional questions, please contact us.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Moore, Clement Clarke, Felix Octavius Carr Darley, Nathaniel Orr, Corydon A Alvord, and Publisher James G. Gregory. A visit from Saint Nicholas. [New York: James G. Gregory, publisher, 1862] Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/24005582/.
APA citation style:
Moore, C. C., Darley, F. O. C., Orr, N., Alvord, C. A. & James G. Gregory, P. (1862) A visit from Saint Nicholas. [New York: James G. Gregory, publisher] [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/24005582/.
MLA citation style:
Moore, Clement Clarke, et al. A visit from Saint Nicholas. [New York: James G. Gregory, publisher, 1862] Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/24005582/>.
More Books/Printed Material like this
A visit from St. Nicholas. In verse. Known by the title: The night before Christmas. Copyright 1864. A strip of paper folded accordion fashion, to form 12 leaves, the first leaf fastened into a printed paper wrapper....
- Contributor: Marian S. Carson Collection (Library of Congress) - L. Prang & Co. - Moore, Clement Clarke
- Date: 1864
'Twas the night before Christmas : based on the original poem by Clement Clarke Moore / Presents the well-known poem about a visitor.
- Contributor: Perry, Rex - Moore, Clement Clarke
- Date: 2004
The wonders of a toy shop. Cover title. Leaves printed on one side only; printed pages face each other. First and last leaves mounted on the inside of the paper cover. Publisher's advertisement on p.  of cover....
- Contributor: Preble, John Q.
- Date: 1850
The cats' party. Cover title. Copyright 1869. Leaves printed on one side only, printed pages face each other. First and last leaves pasted to paper wrapper. In illustrated paper wrapper with publisher's advertisement on p....
- Contributor: McLoughlin Bros., Inc
- Date: 1871
Goody Two-Shoes : illuminated with ten pictures. "With illustrations by W.H. Thwaites, engraved by the best artists"--Cover. In an illustrated stiff paper wrapper, with an advertisement on p.  for the series. Copyright 1855. Signatures: A-B⁸. Last page blank....
- Contributor: Hooper, Edward - Bobbett, Albert - Thwaites, William H. - Brown, Loomis & Co. - Orr, Nathaniel
- Date: 1855