Periodical Image 1 of Page view Page view
About this Item
- The Brownies' book.
- African American stories and tales for children.
- Contributor Names
- Du Bois, W. E. B. (William Edward Burghardt), 1868-1963.
- Created / Published
- New York, N.Y. : DuBois and Dill, 1920-1921.
- Subject Headings
- - African Americans--Periodicals
- - African American children--Periodicals
- - African American children
- - African Americans
- - Monthly
- - Vol. 1, no. 1 (Jan. 1920)-v. 2, no. 12 (Dec. 1921).
- - "A monthly magazine for children of the sun."
- - Edited by W.E.B. DuBois.
- - Issues for called also
- - Also issued in digital from from the Library of Congress Website.
- - PREMARC/SERLOC merged record
- 2 volumes : illustrations ; 28 cm
- Call Number/Physical Location
- AP230 .B7
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- OCLC Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright or any other restrictions in the documents in this collection. However, some of the content may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) and/or by the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Additionally, the reproduction of some materials may be restricted by privacy and/or publicity rights. The determination of the status of an item ultimately rests with the person desiring to reproduce or use the item.
Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Rare Book and Special Collections Division
Availability of Reproductions
To inquire about copies of Rare Book and Special Collections Division items, contact the Photoduplication Service (telephone: 202-707-5640). Orders are accepted by mail and by fax.
The Photoduplication Service estimates that it takes 3-6 weeks to complete an order.
For Further Information
If you have comments or additional questions, please contact us.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Du Bois, W. E. B. The Brownies' book. New York, N.Y.: DuBois and Dill, to 1921, 1920. Periodical. https://www.loc.gov/item/22001351/.
APA citation style:
Du Bois, W. E. B. (1920) The Brownies' book. New York, N.Y.: DuBois and Dill, to 1921. [Periodical] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/22001351/.
MLA citation style:
Du Bois, W. E. B. The Brownies' book. New York, N.Y.: DuBois and Dill, to 1921, 1920. Periodical. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/22001351/>.
More Periodicals like this
The new era. Weekly Daniel Murray Collection: Vol. 1, no. 8 (Apr. 11, 1912)--no. 16 (June 7, 1912). Issued by the National Colored Democratic League. Description based on: Vol. 1, no. 8 (Apr. 11, 1912);...
- Contributor: Daniel Murray Collection (Library of Congress) - National Colored Democratic League (U.S.)
- Date: 19??
Semi-annual report on schools for freedmen Semiannual 3rd (Jan. 1, 1867)-10th (July 1870). Daniel Murray Collection: 8th (July 1, 1869). Distributed to Federal Depository Library Program (FDLP) libraries prior to 1940. No FDLP item number available. SERBIB/SERLOC merged...
- Contributor: Daniel Murray Collection (Library of Congress) - United States. Bureau of Refugees, Freedmen, and Abandoned Lands
- Date: 1867
Kelly Miller's monographic magazine. Vol. 1, no. 1 (Apr. 1913)-no. 4 (July 1913). SERBIB/SERLOC merged record
- Contributor: Daniel Murray Collection (Library of Congress) - Miller, Kelly
- Date: 1913
The Champion magazine. v. 1- Sept. 1916- "A monthly survey of negro achievement." Also available in digital form. SERBIB/SERLOC merged record
- Date: 1916
... annual report for the year ending ... The first annual report includes the act of incorporation and by-laws of the hospital, created to care for indigent New York citizens in 1898, most patients being African Americans. The report describes...
- Contributor: Daniel Murray Pamphlet Collection (Library of Congress) - McDonough Memorial Hospital (New York, N.Y.)
- Date: 1900