Book/Printed Material Image 3 of Page view Page view
About this Item
- Vita et Aesopus moralisatus.
- The 1485 Naples edition of the life and fables of Aesop is and always has been among the most desirable of all illustrated books. In a sense it is the first great press book.
- Contributor Names
- Anonymus Neveleti.
- Del Tuppo, Francesco, 1443 or 1444-1501, editor, translator.
- Rinuccio, d'Arezzo, approximately 1395-
- Lessing J. Rosenwald Collection (Library of Congress)
- Created / Published
- Naples : [Germani fidelissimi for] Francesco del Tuppo, 13 Feb. 1485.
- Subject Headings
- - Fables, Greek--Translations into Italian
- - Fables, Greek--Translations into Latin
- - Italy--Naples
- - Aesop's Life in the Latin translation of Rinuccio; the Fables in the Latin metrical version of Anonymus Neveleti, known as Aesopus moralisatus.
- - Italian translations and additions by Francesco del Tuppo.
- - Library of Congress. Lessing J. Rosenwald collection, 242
- - Goff, F.R. Incunabula in American libraries, A-155
- - Reichling, D. Appendices ad Hainii-Copingeri Repertorium bibliographicum, 353 (variation)
- - Catalogue of books printed in the XVth century now in the British Museum, VI, p. 870 (IB.29533a)
- - Gesamtkatalog der Wiegendrucke, 441
- - IGI 103
- - Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress Web site.
- - LC copy: border on leaf [45a] cropped. Sir George Holford's copy.
-  leaves (, , and  blank, wanting), woodcuts: illus., initials, border (leaf [45a]). 27.5 cm. (fol.)
- Call Number/Physical Location
- Incun. 1485 .A35
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- Anonymus Neveleti
- Del Tuppo, Francesco
- Lessing J. Rosenwald Collection (Library of Congress)
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright or any other restrictions in the documents in this collection. However, some of the content may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) and/or by the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Additionally, the reproduction of some materials may be restricted by privacy and/or publicity rights. The determination of the status of an item ultimately rests with the person desiring to reproduce or use the item.
Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Rare Book and Special Collections Division
Availability of Reproductions
To inquire about copies of Rare Book and Special Collections Division items, contact the Photoduplication Service (telephone: 202-707-5640). Orders are accepted by mail and by fax.
The Photoduplication Service estimates that it takes 3-6 weeks to complete an order.
For Further Information
If you have comments or additional questions, please contact us.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Aesop, Anonymus Neveleti, D'Arezzo Rinuccio, and Lessing J. Rosenwald Collection. Vita et Aesopus moralisatus. [Naples: Germani fidelissimi for Francesco del Tuppo, 13 Feb, 1485] Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/47043554/.
APA citation style:
Aesop, Anonymus Neveleti, Rinuccio, D. & Lessing J. Rosenwald Collection. (1485) Vita et Aesopus moralisatus. [Naples: Germani fidelissimi for Francesco del Tuppo, 13 Feb] [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/47043554/.
MLA citation style:
Aesop, et al. Vita et Aesopus moralisatus. [Naples: Germani fidelissimi for Francesco del Tuppo, 13 Feb, 1485] Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/47043554/>.
More Books/Printed Material like this
Esopo con la uita sua historiale [e] uulgare. In Latin and Italian. Aesop's Vita in the Latin translation of Rinuccio, translated into Italian by Francesco del Tuppo. Variant: without the fables, and lacking "impensis Gotardi de Ponte" in colophon. BM...
- Contributor: Aesop - Guillermi Le Signerre Fratres - Del Tuppo, Francesco - Lessing J. Rosenwald Collection (Library of Congress) - Rinuccio
- Date: 1498
Esopi Appologi siue Mythologi cum quibusdam carminum et fabularum additionibus Sebastiani Brant. Signatures: a-b⁸, c-o⁶ ⁸, p-s⁶ (last leaf blank) A-B⁸, C-D⁶, E-K⁸ ⁶, L⁴, M⁶ (last leaf blank). In 2 pts.; the first includes Aesop's life tr. by Rinuccio, the fables in the...
- Contributor: Rinuccio - Brant, Sebastian - Anonymus Neveleti - Romulus - Aesop - Avianus - Lessing J. Rosenwald Collection (Library of Congress)
- Date: 1501
Vita et Fabulae. Compiled by Heinrich Steihöwel and originally published ca. 1477 (Ulm, Zainer). Cf. Steinhöwel's Äsop, hrsg. von H. Österley, 1873 (Bibliothek des Litterarischen Vereins in Stuttgart, 117). Contains Vita Aesopi, translated by Rinuccio;...
- Contributor: Knoblochtzer, Heinrich - Petrus Alfonsi - Rinuccio - Anonymus Neveleti - Romulus - Bracciolini, Poggio - Aesop - Avianus - Lessing J. Rosenwald Collection (Library of Congress) - Steinhöwel, Heinrich
- Date: 1481
Chosi falsa speranza ne martelia, non lassar mai lo certo per lo incerto, se non che ...
Aesopus moralisatus The Latin metrical version of Fabulae Lib. I-IV by Anonymus Neveleti; with Italian translation and additions by Accio Zucco. Title from leaf b3. Also available in digital form on the Library of...
- Contributor: Bonini, Bonino - Anonymus Neveleti - Aesop - Perrins, Charles William Dyson - Otto Vollbehr Collection (Library of Congress) - Zucco, Accio
- Date: 1487
Esopus moralisatus Woodcut t.p., illustrated. The Latin metrical version of the Anonymus Neveleti (known as Aesopus moralisatus) with Italian translation and additions by Accio Zucco. Library of Congress. Lessing J. Rosenwald collection, 280 Goff,...
- Contributor: Anonymus Neveleti - Aesop - Perrins, Charles William Dyson - Riviere, Robert - Bonelli, Manfredo - Lessing J. Rosenwald Collection (Library of Congress) - Zucco, Accio
- Date: 1493