Book/Printed Material Image 1 of Page view Page view
About this Item
- Red Riding Hood
- A little girl meets a hungry wolf in the forest on her way to visit her grandmother.
- Contributor Names
- Very, Lydia L. A. (Lydia Louisa Anna), 1823-1901.
- L. Prang & Co., publisher.
- Created / Published
- Boston, Mass. : Published by L. Prang & Co., no. 159 Washington St., 
- Subject Headings
- - Toy and movable books--Specimens
- - Fairy tales
- - Folklore--Germany
- - Stories in rhyme
- - Toy and movable books
- Juvenile literature--1863
- Toy and movable books
- - A shape book.
- - Title from illustrated paper cover.
- - Toy book cut in the shape of a standing Little Red Riding Hood, with a wolf curled at her feet.
- - "Entered according to act of Congress, in the year 1863 ... in clerk's office of the District Court of Massachusetts."
- - Verse adaptation of: Rotkäppchen.
- - Haviland, V. Yankee Doodle's literary sampler, p. 314
- - LAC sba 2020-09-17 no edits (2 cards)
-  p. : col. ill. ; 18 x 7 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- PZ6.V4 Re
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- OCLC Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
Library of Congress Children's Book Selections are in the public domain and are free to use and reuse.
- Credit Line - For books from the General Collections: Library of Congress
- Credit Line - For books from The Rare Book and Special Collections Division: Library of Congress, Rare Book and Special Collections Division
More about Copyright and other Restrictions.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Very, Lydia L. A, and Publisher L. Prang & Co. Red Riding Hood. [Boston, Mass.: Published by L. Prang & Co., no. 159 Washington St, 1863] Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/78315528/.
APA citation style:
Very, L. L. A. & L. Prang & Co, P. (1863) Red Riding Hood. [Boston, Mass.: Published by L. Prang & Co., no. 159 Washington St] [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/78315528/.
MLA citation style:
Very, Lydia L. A, and Publisher L. Prang & Co. Red Riding Hood. [Boston, Mass.: Published by L. Prang & Co., no. 159 Washington St, 1863] Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/78315528/>.
More Books/Printed Material like this
The rocket book The upward progress of a rocket, lit in the basement by the janitor's son, causes some strange situations as it passes through twenty floors of apartments.
- Contributor: Juvenile Collection (Library of Congress) - Newell, Peter
- Date: 1912
The mansion of happiness : an instructive moral and entertaining amusement. A board game that folds to the shape of a book. The paper fastener holds a counter and the instructions (1 sheet). The spaces on the game board are numbered from 1...
- Contributor: Seitz, Gustav W. - Marian S. Carson Collection (Library of Congress) - W. & S. Ives (Firm)
- Date: 1843
The twelve magic changelings
12 magic changelings "Cut-outs for children of Mary and her little lamb, Humpty Dumpty and the egg, Tom the piper's son and his pig, The town mouse and the country mouse, Silverhair and the little...
- Contributor: Juvenile Collection (Library of Congress) - Glen, M. A.
- Date: 1907
Jack the giant killer / by F.W.N. Bayley, author of The new tale of a tub, ... In verse. 13 full-page illustrations included in pagination. Haviland, V. Yankee Doodle's literary sampler, p. 133 With: Bayley, F.W.N. Little Red Riding Hood. New York: Burgess, Stringer & Co., 1845 -- Bayley,...
- Contributor: Bayley, F. W. N. (Frederic William Naylor) - Burgess, Stringer & Co. - Leech, John
- Date: 1845
The History of insects. Title vignette. Woodcut illustrations and title vignette. Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress Web site. LAC sba 2020-03-13 update (1 card)
- Contributor: Miniature Book Collection (Library of Congress) - Wood, Samuel
- Date: 1813