Book/Printed Material Image 1 of Page view Page view
About this Item
- Mother [Goose] in hieroglyphics.
- Other Title
- Mother in hieroglyphics
- Contributor Names
- Sherman & Co. (New York, N.Y.), publisher.
- Created / Published
- New-York : Published by Sherman & Co., 1855.
- Subject Headings
- - Nursery rhymes
- - Children's poetry
- - Rebuses
- Juvenile literature--1855
- - "Part first"--Cover.
- - On the title page and paper wrapper, "Goose" appears as an illustration of a goose.
- - 26 nursery rhymes with many words replaced by pictures.
- - Pages  and 32 have the key to the rebuses.
- - Copyright by George S. Appleton in 1849.
- - Haviland, V. Yankee Doodle's literary sampler, p. 134-150
- - Publisher's advertisement on p.  of paper wrapper.
- - LC copy imperfect: lower right corner of paper wrapper wanting, with some loss of text.
- 32 p. : ill. ; 15 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- PZ8.3 .M85 1855
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- OCLC Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
Library of Congress Children's Book Selections are in the public domain and are free to use and reuse.
- Credit Line - For books from the General Collections: Library of Congress
- Credit Line - For books from The Rare Book and Special Collections Division: Library of Congress, Rare Book and Special Collections Division
More about Copyright and other Restrictions.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Sherman & Co. , Publisher. Mother Goose in hieroglyphics. New-York: Published by Sherman & Co, 1855. Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/2009484723/.
APA citation style:
Sherman & Co, P. (1855) Mother Goose in hieroglyphics. New-York: Published by Sherman & Co. [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2009484723/.
MLA citation style:
Sherman & Co. , Publisher. Mother Goose in hieroglyphics. New-York: Published by Sherman & Co, 1855. Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2009484723/>.
More Books/Printed Material like this
Jimmy Crow Throughout the text some of the nouns are presented graphically. In original publisher's binding: tan cloth, illustrated cover stamped in red and black. LC copy is a copyright deposit: Two copies received...
- Contributor: Dana Estes & Company - Foster, Edith Francis
- Date: 1902
Mother Goose's story book.
Gems from Mother Goose In original publisher's binding: color illustration on upper board of Mother Goose with her broom, flying in a basket. Decorated endpapers. cloth spine. Inscription in LC copy dated 1906. Also available in...
- Contributor: McLoughlin Bros
- Date: 1899
The complete collection of pictures & songs
Complete collection of pictures and songs | R. Caldecott's collection of pictures & songs On cover: Large paper edition. Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress Web site. LAC ael 2019-09-05 update (1 card) LAC ael 2020-09-15 no edits (1 card)
- Contributor: G. Routledge and Sons - Juvenile Collection (Library of Congress) - George Routledge and Sons - Evans, Edmund - Caldecott, Randolph - Dobson, Austin
- Date: 1887
A apple pie
Apple pie Introduces the letters A to Z while following the fortunes of an apple pie.
- Contributor: Greenaway, Kate - Katherine Golden Bitting Collection on Gastronomy (Library of Congress) - Frederick Warne (Firm)
- Date: 1900
Marmaduke Multiply. In verse. Blakeman & Mason were at the above address in 1862. Americanized edition of a work originally published in England in 3 parts, in 1816 and 1817. The rhyme "4 times...
- Contributor: Blakeman & Mason
- Date: 1862