Book/Printed Material Image 397 of Page view Page view
About this Item
- The anatomy of plants.
- Contributor Names
- Grew, Nehemiah, 1641-1712.
- Created / Published
- [London] Printed by W. Rawlins, for the author, 1682.
- An idea of the philosophical history of plants. 2d ed. --The anatomy of plants, begun. 1st book: The anatomy of roots. 2d ed. 3rd book: The anatomy of trunks. 2d ed. 4th book: The anatomy of leaves, flowers, fruits and seeds. --Several lectures: 1. Of the nature, causes and power of mixture. 2d ed. 2. Of the luctation arising upon the mixture of several menstruum's with all sorts of bodies. 2d ed. 3. An essay, of the various proportions, where in lixivial salts are found in plants. 4. Of the essential and marine salts of plants. 5. Of the colours of plants. 5. Of the colours of plants. 6. Of the diversities and causes of tasts; chiefly in plants. With an appendix, Of the odours of plants. 7. Experiments in consort, upon the solutions of salts in water.
- Subject Headings
- - Plant anatomy
- - Botany--Pre-Linnean works
- - Physics
- - Chemistry
- - LAC scc 2018-11-14 update (2 card)
- 10p. 1., 25,  304 (i.e 300) ,p. 1 1. 83 pl. (part fold.) 32 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- QK41 .G82
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright or any other restrictions in the documents in this collection. However, some of the content may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) and/or by the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Additionally, the reproduction of some materials may be restricted by privacy and/or publicity rights. The determination of the status of an item ultimately rests with the person desiring to reproduce or use the item.
Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Rare Book and Special Collections Division
Availability of Reproductions
To inquire about copies of Rare Book and Special Collections Division items, contact the Photoduplication Service (telephone: 202-707-5640). Orders are accepted by mail and by fax.
The Photoduplication Service estimates that it takes 3-6 weeks to complete an order.
For Further Information
If you have comments or additional questions, please contact us.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Grew, Nehemiah. The Anatomy of Plants. [London Printed by W. Rawlins, for the author, 1682] Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/06006649/.
APA citation style:
Grew, N. (1682) The Anatomy of Plants. [London Printed by W. Rawlins, for the author] [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/06006649/.
MLA citation style:
Grew, Nehemiah. The Anatomy of Plants. [London Printed by W. Rawlins, for the author, 1682] Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/06006649/>.
More Books/Printed Material like this
Compleat herbal; or, The botanical institutions of Mr. Tournefort chief botanist to the late French king. ... Published in parts from 1716. The titlepage to vol. 1 is dated 1719, that to vol.2 bears the imprint printed for J. Walthoe, R. Wilkin, J. and J. Bonwicke, S. Birt, T....
- Contributor: Tournefort, Joseph Pitton De - Katherine Golden Bitting Collection on Gastronomy (Library of Congress) - Martyn, John
- Date: 1716
Élémens de botanique ou Méthode pour connoître les plantes. Each volume has added t.-p. engraved. Engraved initials and vignettes. Vol. 3 wanting. "Auteurs citez": v. 1, prelim. leaves 8-10.
- Contributor: Tournefort, Joseph Pitton De - Pre- Imprint Collection (Library of Congress)
- Date: 1694
Histoire des plantes, novvellement trouuées en l'isle Virgine, & autres lieux, lesquelles ont esté prises & ...
Histoire des plantes, nouvellement trouvées en l'isle Virgine, et autres lieux Library of Congress. Lessing J. Rosenwald collection, 1378
- Contributor: Robin, Jean - Lessing J. Rosenwald Collection (Library of Congress)
- Date: 1620
Pavli Renealmi Specimen historiae plantarum. Plantae typis aeneis expressae. Bound with Thou, J.A. Crambe. Parisiis, 1611. Library of Congress. Lessing J. Rosenwald collection, 1373 LAC scc 2018-11-15 update (1 card) LAC kcc 2018-11-28 review
- Contributor: Lessing J. Rosenwald Collection (Library of Congress) - Reneaulme, Paul De
- Date: 1611
Robertii Boyle, nobilissimi Angli, et Societatis Regiae dignissimi socii Opera varia : quorum posthac exstat catalogus, ...
Opera varia "Operum honoratissimi Roberti Boyle catalogus" (p. [6-7] in front) lists 12 titles only; pamphlets 13-19 are dated MDCLXXXII-MDCLXXXVIII. Pamphlets were issued separately, and have separate title pages, imprints, paging, and registers. Preliminary...
- Contributor: Boyle, Robert
- Date: 1680