Newspaper Image 1 of The New York times (New-York [N.Y.]), October 31, 1915
Ifilntngratiwre: slart 1
THE WOMAN SUFFRAGE PARADE, IN WHICH 25,000 PERSONS MARCHED, PASSING THE NEW
YORK PUBLIC LIBRARY AND THE OFFICIAL REVIEWING STAND, FIFTH
AVENUE, FORTIETH TO FORTY-SECOND STREETS.
The Westchester Division, Consisting of the White Plains, Tarrytown, Bronxville, and Yonkers Contingents,
Can be Seen in the Foreground. (Photo by Pictorial News Co.)
MRS. HERBERT CARPENTER. Leader of the New
York State Woman Suffrage Association, Returning the
Salute of a Fellow-Leader.
(Photo by tmderwood Underwood.)
§£ljt Pfeto Jfurk Simc#
Mayor John Purroy'MTtChel, with Mrs. Mitchel
and President George McAneny of the Board of
Aldermen, in the Reviewing Stand.
(Photo bv American Preai Asm.)
MRS. CHARLES C. BAUER AND MRS. MALCOLM DUNCAN, BANNER
BEARERS, FIGHTING THE TREACHEROUS FLATIRON WINDS.
Additional photographs of the Suffrage Parade are reproduced on Pages 6 and 7
of this Section.
MRS. PHILIP BOILEAU, WIFE OF THE ARTIST,
(Photos by Henry Steffen.)
©rtnbrr 31, 1913
About This Newspaper
- The New York times (New-York [N.Y.]), October 31, 1915
- Other Title
- Combined New York morning newspapers
- Combined New York Sunday newspapers
- Contributor Names
- Library of Congress
- Place of Publication
- New-York [N.Y.]
- Created / Published
- New-York [N.Y.], October 31, 1915
- Subject Headings
- - New York (N.Y.)--Newspapers
- - New York County (N.Y.)--Newspapers
- - New York (State)--New York
- - New York (State)--New York County
- - Newspapers
- - United States--New York--New York--New York
- - Daily, Apr. 21, 1861-
- - Vol. 6, no. 1868 (Sept. 14, 1857)-
- - Suspended Dec. 12-28, 1958; Dec. 20, 1962-Mar. 1963; Sept. 17-Oct. 10, 1965; and Aug. 10-Nov. 5, 1978.
- - Also issued in a continuously updated online version with title: New York times on the web.
- - Also issued on CD-ROM, and microfilm from UMI.
- - Also available in digital format on the Library of Congress website.
- - Large type ed.: New York times large type weekly, 1967-
- - Sunday issue also includes issues of: The New York times book review.
- - Semiweekly eds.: Semi-weekly times (New York, N.Y.), 1857-1867, and: New-York semi-weekly times, 1867-<1880>
- - Weekly ed.: New-York weekly times, 1857-<1896>.
- - Issued monthly in a reduced size publication titled: Little times, <1924-1928>.
- - Latest issue consulted: Vol. 151, no. 52,028 (Feb. 13, 2002).
- 12 pages
- Call Number/Physical Location
- PN4899.N45 N48
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- online text
- New-York [N.Y.]
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MODSXML Record
- MARCXML Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The Library of Congress provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with the user. The written permission of the copyright owners and other rights holders (such as holders of publicity or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.), or any other restrictions on the materials digitized for the collection Newspaper Pictorials: World War I Rotogravures.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Serial and Government Publications Division.
For further information on permissions rights, please see our Legal Notices.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
The New York times. [New-York N.Y] (New York, NY), Oct. 31 1915. https://www.loc.gov/item/sn78004456/1915-10-31/ed-1/.
APA citation style:
(1915, October 31) The New York times. [New-York N.Y]. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/sn78004456/1915-10-31/ed-1/.
MLA citation style:
The New York times. [New-York N.Y] (New York, NY) 31 Oct. 1915, p. 1. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, www.loc.gov/item/sn78004456/1915-10-31/ed-1/.