Newspaper Image 2 of The New York times (New-York [N.Y.]), February 4, 1917
THE ALTOVITI VENUS, ATTRIBUTED TO PRAXITELES, INSTALLED IN THE CIRCULAR TEMPLE ERECTED FOR
IT IN THE GROUNDS OF JOHN D. ROCKEFELLER'S RESIDENCE AT POCANTICO HILLS, NEW YORK.
This Statue of Aphrodite Was Discovered in the Courtyard of the Palazzo Altoviti, Florence, and Has Been Identified
as Havinir Been Quarried from Mount Pentelicus, Near Athens, Which Supplied the Stone for the Parthenon.
(Photo &a/ Jackson d Whitman.)
In the Coming
in uie woiumg fl
Screen Production of the Poor Little Rich Girl.
SCHUYLER LADD AS "THE DAFFODIL,"
In the Yellow Jacket at the Harris Theatre.
Ullje Npui fork 3imea
lIUI Hi 11 \J\JXJ
LY MISS DORIS
In the Group, in Addition to the Bride, Are
Misses Phyllis de Young, Maid of Honor,
Pauline Disston, Frances Moore, Ray Sla
ter, Mary Moreland, Elizabeth Sands, and
MISS VERA CRAVATH,
Daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Paul D. Cravath,
One of the Fancy Skaters at the Ice Tourna-_
Une 01 tne rancy BKaiers at
ment Given on Beaver Lake,
Mill Neck, L. I.
Photo by Central
Europe Where Since
the War Began She Has Been Engaged in Relief Work, at Times Driving an Ambulance.
From a New Studio Photograph, the First in Several Years.
fffbruary 4. 1917
MRS. C. D. CHAPIN
OF NEW YORK,
U* JNJUVY XUKK.,
WITH AN HAWAIIAN BATHING
TOGA AND PARASOL, AT
Mr. d Mrs.
Who Has Re
About This Newspaper
- The New York times (New-York [N.Y.]), February 4, 1917
- Other Title
- Combined New York morning newspapers
- Combined New York Sunday newspapers
- Contributor Names
- Library of Congress
- Place of Publication
- New-York [N.Y.]
- Created / Published
- New-York [N.Y.], February 4, 1917
- Subject Headings
- - New York (N.Y.)--Newspapers
- - New York County (N.Y.)--Newspapers
- - New York (State)--New York
- - New York (State)--New York County
- - Newspapers
- - United States--New York--New York--New York
- - Daily, Apr. 21, 1861-
- - Vol. 6, no. 1868 (Sept. 14, 1857)-
- - Suspended Dec. 12-28, 1958; Dec. 20, 1962-Mar. 1963; Sept. 17-Oct. 10, 1965; and Aug. 10-Nov. 5, 1978.
- - Also issued in a continuously updated online version with title: New York times on the web.
- - Also issued on CD-ROM, and microfilm from UMI.
- - Also available in digital format on the Library of Congress website.
- - Large type ed.: New York times large type weekly, 1967-
- - Sunday issue also includes issues of: The New York times book review.
- - Semiweekly eds.: Semi-weekly times (New York, N.Y.), 1857-1867, and: New-York semi-weekly times, 1867-<1880>
- - Weekly ed.: New-York weekly times, 1857-<1896>.
- - Issued monthly in a reduced size publication titled: Little times, <1924-1928>.
- - Latest issue consulted: Vol. 151, no. 52,028 (Feb. 13, 2002).
- 10 pages
- Call Number/Physical Location
- PN4899.N45 N48
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- online text
- New-York [N.Y.]
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MODSXML Record
- MARCXML Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The Library of Congress provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with the user. The written permission of the copyright owners and other rights holders (such as holders of publicity or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.), or any other restrictions on the materials digitized for the collection Newspaper Pictorials: World War I Rotogravures.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Serial and Government Publications Division.
For further information on permissions rights, please see our Legal Notices.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
The New York times. [New-York N.Y., February 4] (New York, NY), Feb. 4 1917. https://www.loc.gov/item/sn78004456/1917-02-04/ed-1/.
APA citation style:
(1917, February 4) The New York times. [New-York N.Y., February 4]. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/sn78004456/1917-02-04/ed-1/.
MLA citation style:
The New York times. [New-York N.Y., February 4] (New York, NY) 4 Feb. 1917, p. 2. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, www.loc.gov/item/sn78004456/1917-02-04/ed-1/.