Newspaper Image 1 of The New York times (New-York [N.Y.]), September 28, 1919
THE CAMP OF THE NEW INDIAN CHIEF "MORNING STAR," KNOWN TO THE CIVILIZED WORLD AS THE
PRINCE OF WALES
Beside the Nipigon River in the Wilds of Ontario, Where the Heir to the British Throne is Indulging His Love for
and Life Under
the Open Sky.
He Can' Be
the Tents at I
the Right, in
Sleeves, in the
Midst of His
THE PRINCE OF WALES BEFORE HIS TENT IN THE WILDS OF ONTARIO WITH
TWO OF HIS INDIAN GUIDES.
"LONG JIM" BARNES,
of the Sunset Hill Club, St. Louis, Who Retains _
His Title as Professional Golf Champion of the s HARRI
States, Having Defeated All Comers on SON THOMP
the Engineers' Club Course, Roslyn, L. I. "JIM" BARNES TWICE CROWNED PROFESSIONAL GOLF CHAMPION, TON. of "the
Getting Out of the Rough Amidst a Clump of Trees on His Way to the Sixth Green of th«TEngineers' Course in His Win- National A. A. U. All-Around Championship in the Annual Test on
ning Contest With Fred McLeod. (.Times Wide Worht Photon.) Pershing Field, Jersey City, N. J., Over the Bar at 5 feet
DOWN STREAM ON THE NIPIGON:
THE PRINCE HAD PAIR LUCK,
SHOOTING QUITE A NUMBER OF
P A D
RELIEVING A GUIDE WHILE CROSSING NIPIGON LAKE.
FOR A CHANCE SHOT PAR OUT ON NIPIGON LAKE: THE
PRINCE OF WALES PUTS HIS MARKSMANSHIP TO THE
TEST FROM THE DOOR OF HIS TENT, WITH MEMBERS
OF HIS PARTY
About This Newspaper
- The New York times (New-York [N.Y.]), September 28, 1919
- Other Title
- Combined New York morning newspapers
- Combined New York Sunday newspapers
- Contributor Names
- Library of Congress
- Place of Publication
- New-York [N.Y.]
- Created / Published
- New-York [N.Y.], September 28, 1919
- Subject Headings
- - New York (N.Y.)--Newspapers
- - New York County (N.Y.)--Newspapers
- - New York (State)--New York
- - New York (State)--New York County
- - Newspapers
- - United States--New York--New York--New York
- - Daily, Apr. 21, 1861-
- - Vol. 6, no. 1868 (Sept. 14, 1857)-
- - Suspended Dec. 12-28, 1958; Dec. 20, 1962-Mar. 1963; Sept. 17-Oct. 10, 1965; and Aug. 10-Nov. 5, 1978.
- - Also issued in a continuously updated online version with title: New York times on the web.
- - Also issued on CD-ROM, and microfilm from UMI.
- - Also available in digital format on the Library of Congress website.
- - Large type ed.: New York times large type weekly, 1967-
- - Sunday issue also includes issues of: The New York times book review.
- - Semiweekly eds.: Semi-weekly times (New York, N.Y.), 1857-1867, and: New-York semi-weekly times, 1867-<1880>
- - Weekly ed.: New-York weekly times, 1857-<1896>.
- - Issued monthly in a reduced size publication titled: Little times, <1924-1928>.
- - Latest issue consulted: Vol. 151, no. 52,028 (Feb. 13, 2002).
- 14 pages
- Call Number/Physical Location
- PN4899.N45 N48
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- online text
- New-York [N.Y.]
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MODSXML Record
- MARCXML Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The Library of Congress provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with the user. The written permission of the copyright owners and other rights holders (such as holders of publicity or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.), or any other restrictions on the materials digitized for the collection Newspaper Pictorials: World War I Rotogravures.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Serial and Government Publications Division.
For further information on permissions rights, please see our Legal Notices.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
The New York times. [New-York N.Y] (New York, NY), Sep. 28 1919. https://www.loc.gov/item/sn78004456/1919-09-28/ed-1/.
APA citation style:
(1919, September 28) The New York times. [New-York N.Y]. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/sn78004456/1919-09-28/ed-1/.
MLA citation style:
The New York times. [New-York N.Y] (New York, NY) 28 Sep. 1919, p. 1. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, www.loc.gov/item/sn78004456/1919-09-28/ed-1/.