Newspaper Image 1 of Manzanar free press, June 2, 1942
About This Newspaper
- Manzanar free press, June 2, 1942
- Other Title
- Free press
- Contributor Names
- Library of Congress
- Place of Publication
- Manzanar, Calif.
- Created / Published
- Manzanar, Calif., June 2, 1942
- Subject Headings
- - Evacuation and relocation of Japanese Americans (United States : 1942-1945)
- - Japanese Americans--California--Newspapers
- - Japanese Americans--Evacuation and relocation, 1942-1945--Newspapers
- - Manzanar (Calif.)--Newspapers
- - Inyo County (Calif.)--Newspapers
- - Japanese Americans
- - California
- - California--Inyo County
- - California--Manzanar
- - 1942-1945
- - United States--California--Inyo--Manzanar
- - Weekly, Aug. 18, 1945-Oct. 19, 1945
- - Vol. 1, no. 1 (Apr. 11, 1942)-v. 16, no. 7 (Oct. 19, 1945).
- - Published Apr. 11-May 31, 1942 at the Manzanar Assembly Center; June 1, 1942-Sept. 8, 1945 at the Manzanar Relocation Center.
- - Collected in Japanese camp papers.
- - "Internment camp newspaper."
- - Supplements accompany some issues.
- - Available on microfilm from the Library of Congress, Photoduplication Service; also available online.
- - Master negatives are available for duplication from: California Newspaper Microfilm Archive; positive copies may be purchased by the reel; for further information consult the CNMA at: http://cbsr.ucr.edu External
- - English and Japanese.
- - "Official publication of the Manzanar Relocation Center Administration and newspaper of Manzanar Community Enterprises."
- 6 pages
- Call Number/Physical Location
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- online text
- Reel Numbers
- Published Manzanar, Calif. | [Manzanar Relocation Center] | 1942-06-02
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MODSXML Record
- MARCXML Record
ContributorsLibrary of Congress
Evacuation and Relocation
Evacuation and Relocation of Japanese Americans (United States)
Inyo County (Calif.)
Articles and Essays with this item:
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with the user. The written permission of the copyright owners and other rights holders (such as holders of publicity or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.), or any other restrictions on the materials digitized for the collection Japanese-American Internment Camp Newspapers.
Items included here with the permission of rights holders are listed below and permission is noted in the catalog record for each item. In some cases, the Library was unable to identify a possible rights holder and has elected to place those items online as an exercise of fair use for strictly non-commercial educational uses. The Library of Congress would like to learn more about these materials and would like to hear from individuals or institutions that have any additional information or know of their history.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Serial and Government Publications Division.
For further information on permissions rights, please see our Legal Notices.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Library Of Congress. Manzanar free press, June 2, 1942. Manzanar, Calif., June 2, 1942. Newspaper. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/sn84025948/1942-06-02/ed-1/. (Accessed October 20, 2017.)
APA citation style:
Library Of Congress. (1942) Manzanar free press, June 2, 1942. Manzanar, Calif., June 2. [Newspaper] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/sn84025948/1942-06-02/ed-1/.
MLA citation style:
Library Of Congress. Manzanar free press, June 2, 1942. Manzanar, Calif., June 2, 1942. Newspaper. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/sn84025948/1942-06-02/ed-1/>.