Film, Video TR attends his son Archie's wedding at Boston, 1917
About this Item
- TR attends his son Archie's wedding at Boston, 1917
- Other Title
- Theodore Roosevelt attends his son Archie's wedding at Boston, 1917
- On April 14, 1917, Archie Roosevelt marries Grace S. Lockwood at the Emmanuel Church in Boston, Massachusetts. Side view of TR entering an automobile with two women, the one following TR may be his wife Edith; TR doffs his hat as he faces camera; view of crowd outside the Emmanuel Church; and long shot of woman holding blanket up, perhaps to shield the bride's entrance into the church. Last two segments appear to be unrelated scenes: medium close shot of TR sitting in a car with an unidentified man and a close up of TR with a man in uniform, both scenes are outside in undetermined locations.
- Contributor Names
- Roosevelt, Archibald B. (Archibald Bulloch), 1894-1979.
- Roosevelt, Grace Lockwood.
- Roosevelt, Theodore, 1858-1919.
- Roosevelt, Edith Kermit Carow, 1861-1948.
- Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection (Library of Congress)
- Created / Published
- United States : [s.n.], 1917.
- Subject Headings
- - Roosevelt, Theodore,--1858-1919--Family
- - Children of presidents--United States
- - Weddings
- - Boston (Mass.)
- Short films
- Documentary films
- Nonfiction films
- - Copyright: no reg.
- - Appearing: President Theodore Roosevelt, Edith Roosevelt, Archie Roosevelt, Grace S. Lockwood.
- - Duration: 0:47 at 18 fps.
- - Source used: The Boston daily globe. 4/14/17:3.
- - MAVIS 1244970; TR attends his son Archie's wedding in Boston, 1917.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- - National Park Service acquired from Roosevelt Memorial Association. RMA purchased from Kandel. There is some nitrate deterioration, occasionally out of frames, and blank frames ca. 18 ft. Film sequence does not follow order of actual events.
- - viewing print, dupe neg, masterpos, non-viewing pos; Received: May 1968 from USDA lab and Feb. 1976 from LC film lab; preservation; Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection.
- viewing print. 1 film reel of 1 (21 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- viewing print. 1 film reel of 1 (53 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm.
- viewing print (copy 2) 1 film reel of 1 (53 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm.
- dupe neg. 1 film reel of 1 (21 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- dupe neg. 1 film reel of 1 (53 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm.
- dupe neg (copy 2) 1 film reel of 1 (53 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm.
- masterpos. 1 film reel of 1 (53 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm.
- non-viewing pos. 1 film reel of 1 (53 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- FAB 0894 (viewing print)
- FEA 6733 (viewing print)
- FEA 7827 (viewing print, copy 2)
- FRA 5964 (dupe neg)
- FPB 7195 (dupe neg)
- FPB 7196 (dupe neg, copy 2)
- FPB 7197 (dupe neg, copy 3)
- FPB 7194 (masterpos)
- FPB 7198 (non-viewing pos)
- Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
ContributorsRoosevelt, Archibald (Archibald Bulloch)
Roosevelt, Edith Kermit Carow
Roosevelt, Grace Lockwood
Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection (Library of Congress)
Children of Presidents
Articles and Essays with this item:
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as holders of publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
While the Library is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the materials in Theodore Roosevelt: His Life and Times on Film, there may be content protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. The Library is eager to hear from individuals or institutions that have information about these materials or know of their history.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
The following films are made available here with permission from the Theodore Roosevelt Association, P.O. Box 719, Oyster Bay, N.Y. 11771 (Internet address: [email protected]):The Story of the Panama Canal 
T. R.'s Return from Africa, 1910 
A Visit to Theodore Roosevelt at His Home at Sagamore Hill, Oyster Bay, L.I., 1912
Roosevelt, Friend of the Birds 
The Roosevelt Dam 
The River of Doubt .
Permission may be needed from the Theodore Roosevelt Association before using these films for other purposes.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Roosevelt, Archibald B, Grace Lockwood Roosevelt, Theodore Roosevelt, Edith Kermit Carow Roosevelt, and Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection. TR attends his son Archie's wedding at Boston, 1917. [United States: s.n, 1917] Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/mp76000115/. (Accessed January 17, 2017.)
APA citation style:
Roosevelt, A. B., Roosevelt, G. L., Roosevelt, T., Roosevelt, E. K. C. & Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection. (1917) TR attends his son Archie's wedding at Boston, 1917. [United States: s.n] [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/mp76000115/.
MLA citation style:
Roosevelt, Archibald B, et al. TR attends his son Archie's wedding at Boston, 1917. [United States: s.n, 1917] Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/mp76000115/>.