Film, Video TR reviewing and speaking to 13th Regiment at Sagamore Hill, 1917
About this Item
- TR reviewing and speaking to 13th Regiment at Sagamore Hill, 1917
- Other Title
- Theodore Roosevelt reviewing and speaking to 13th Regiment at Sagamore Hill, 1917
- TR speaks to several unidentified people, including a man who looks like TR, on the porch at Sagamore Hill. There are two views of TR addressing soldiers assembled on the lawn of Sagamore Hill: the first segment shows TR's back as he speaks; the second is a long shot of TR, shot from the rear of the group of soldiers.
- Contributor Names
- Roosevelt, Theodore, 1858-1919.
- Warner Bros.
- Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection (Library of Congress)
- Created / Published
- United States : [s.n., 1917?].
- Subject Headings
- - United States.--Army
- - Soldiers--United States
- - Speeches, addresses, etc., American
- - Sagamore Hill National Historic Site (Oyster Bay, N.Y.)
- Short films
- Documentary films
- Nonfiction films
- - Copyright: no reg.
- - Date in title unverified.
- - Appearing: President Theodore Roosevelt.
- - Duration: 0:50 at 18 fps.
- - MAVIS 1244989; TR reviewing and speaking to 13th Regiment at Sagamore Hill, 1917.
- - Sources used: Warner Brothers; Theodore Roosevelt Associaiton.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- - National Park Service acquired from Roosevelt Memorial Association. Gift to RMA from Warner Bros.
- - viewing print, non-viewing pos; Received: May 1968 from USDA lab and June 1976 from LC film lab; preservation; Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection.
- viewing print. 1 film reel of 1 (23 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- viewing print. 1 film reel of 1 (60 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm.
- non-viewing pos. 1 film reel of 1 (23 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- FAB 1118 (viewing print)
- FEA 6744 (viewing print)
- FRA 6062 (non-viewing pos)
- Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
ContributorsRoosevelt Memorial Association
Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection (Library of Congress)
Warner Bros. Pictures
Sagamore Hill National Historic Site
Homes and Haunts
Infantry Regiment, 13th
New York (State)
Sagamore Hill National Historic Site (Oyster Bay, N.Y.)
Speeches, Addresses, Etc., American
Articles and Essays with this item:
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as holders of publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
While the Library is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the materials in Theodore Roosevelt: His Life and Times on Film, there may be content protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. The Library is eager to hear from individuals or institutions that have information about these materials or know of their history.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
The following films are made available here with permission from the Theodore Roosevelt Association, P.O. Box 719, Oyster Bay, N.Y. 11771 (Internet address: [email protected]):The Story of the Panama Canal 
T. R.'s Return from Africa, 1910 
A Visit to Theodore Roosevelt at His Home at Sagamore Hill, Oyster Bay, L.I., 1912
Roosevelt, Friend of the Birds 
The Roosevelt Dam 
The River of Doubt .
Permission may be needed from the Theodore Roosevelt Association before using these films for other purposes.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Roosevelt, Theodore, Warner Bros, and Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection. TR reviewing and speaking to 13th Regiment at Sagamore Hill, 1917. [United States: s.n., ?, 1917] Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/mp76000212/. (Accessed December 03, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Roosevelt, T., Warner Bros & Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection. (1917) TR reviewing and speaking to 13th Regiment at Sagamore Hill, 1917. [United States: s.n., ?] [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/mp76000212/.
MLA citation style:
Roosevelt, Theodore, Warner Bros, and Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection. TR reviewing and speaking to 13th Regiment at Sagamore Hill, 1917. [United States: s.n., ?, 1917] Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/mp76000212/>.