Selected Special Collections
Eistophos Science Club Archive
Records of the Washington based organization for the promotion of women in the sciences.
Founded in 1893 to bring together for their encouragement and improvement, women interested in scientific study, the Eistophos Science Club was initially an auxilliary of the National Science Club and published it's papers in the proceedings of the Chicago World's Fair. Eistophos is Greek for "towards the light."
The Library of Congress holds member papers that date from the 1940’s and organizational records date from 1909.