Concerts from the Library of Congress 2022-2023 Season
Concerts from the Library of Congress is pleased to announce an exciting in-person fall 2022 season, with much more to come in 2023.
Sign up here for updates.
Gonzalo Rubalcaba, piano & Aymée Nuviola, voice
December 9 at 8 PM
Multiple GRAMMY award-winning Cuban pianist and composer Gonzalo Rubalcaba and Cuban singer Aymée Nuviola—known as “La Sonera del Mundo”—present their album Viento y Tiempo.
Stradivari Anniversary - Aizuri Quartet
December 17 at 8 PM
The Aizuri Quartet delights with a bold program featuring a soulful, beautiful and surprising collection of songs from diverse time periods, traditions and styles, written and arranged for string quartet.
Connect with the music you love in the space you love.
For nearly a century, a community of music lovers has grown around the concerts of classical chamber music offered at the incomparable Coolidge Auditorium at the Library of Congress. Over the years the breadth of offerings has increased to include a multitude of musics and musicians, and all along the Library has remained a place where world-class music can be found flourishing in an acoustically superb space. Audiences come together for unique experiences with musicians and scholars in a thoughtful space for art, whether it is reflective or provocative.
Our events offer free access to artists and artifacts that can only be encountered in our hallowed halls. The fall season is designed to celebrate our extraordinary auditorium, including intimate experiences with solo artists and chamber musicians whose work has been imbued with renewed energy and urgency as we come back together.
Explore our event pages to discover what is on offer for the fall 2022 season:
- Fri, Oct 14, 8pm: Banda Magda
- Sat, Oct 15, 8pm: Apollon Musagète Quartet with Garrick Ohlsson, piano
- Sat, Oct 29, 8pm: Founder’s Day Concert: Eric Owens & Singers from the Curtis Opera Theatre
- Thu, Nov 3, 8pm: Jamal Aliyev, cello & Fazil Say, piano
- Tue, Nov 8, 8pm: Rachel Podger, violin
- Wed, Nov 9, 8pm: Smetana Trio
- Mon, Nov 14, 8pm: Emmanuel Pahud, flute & Alessio Bax, piano
- Sat, Nov 19, 8pm: Margaret Leng Tan, piano
- Thu, Dec 1, 12pm: Benjamin Alard: The Clavichord Experience
- Fri, Dec 2, 8pm: Benjamin Alard, harpsichord
- Sat, Dec 3, 2pm: Thomas Dunford, lute
- Fri, Dec 9, 8pm: Gonzalo Rubalcaba, piano & Aymée Nuviola, voice
- Sat, Dec 17, 8pm: Stradivari Anniversary Concert — Aizuri Quartet
You can register online on this site easily to attend any in-person event: just click on the link on our webpage for that event.
Looking for additional events?
You can check out last season’s Season-at-a-Glance here for access to existing content. You can also check out these special hubs that offer additional exciting material for you to view and read:
Pick of the Week
During the pandemic when public events were not an option, Concerts from the Library of Congress offered a “Pick of the Week,” an online platform that brought together pre-existing videos of lectures, concerts and conversations as well as links to collection items on a variety of musical topics. Be sure to explore our “Pick of the Week” selections from 2020 and 2021, and join us on the digital stage as we revisit fascinating conversations and unforgettable performances by world-class artists drawn from our online offerings.