The Library of Congress Homepage
Native American Heritage Month
U.S. cultural institutions pay tribute to the rich ancestry and traditions of Native Americans.
Thursday Night Fun & Programs
"Live at the Library" features evening engagement in a gorgeous setting.
Holiday Shopping at the Library
Wonderful holiday gifts that celebrate books, history & the joy of libraries.
- Blog Audio of Ernest Hemingway at His Home in Cuba
- Magazine Taking Flight with the Wright Brothers, Hemingway and More
- News Get the Latest News from the Library of Congress
- Events Our Calendar of Upcoming Events, In-Person & Virtual
- Exhibitions Explore Library Exhibitions in Person & Online
- Blog Rare Native American Wax Cylinders Find a New Generation
Use the largest library in the world online or in person! More about the Library.
Free to Use and Reuse: Maritime Life and Coastal Cities
Scenes related to the sea through shipping, recreation, military, and daily life activities. Marine animals and river waterfronts are also included. Unless otherwise noted, the images are from the Prints & Photographs Division.
Browse more content that is free to use and reuse