The Library of Congress Homepage
George Chauncey Is Recipient of 2022 Kluge Prize
Leading scholar on LGBTQ+ history & culture receives prize for the study of humanity.
Thursday Night Fun & Programs
"Live at the Library" features evening engagement in a gorgeous setting.
Play Ball! Baseball Resources at the Library
Get a look inside one of the largest and most diverse baseball-related collections.
- National Book Festival Mark Your Calender for Sept. 3 as We Return to the Convention Center
- Blog The Genius of Cameroon's Sultan Ibrahim Njoya
- News Get the Latest News from the Library of Congress
- Events Our Calendar of Upcoming Events, In-Person & Virtual
- Exhibitions Explore Library Exhibitions in Person & Online
- Heritage LGBTQ Resources Detail History of Pride Movement
Use the largest library in the world online or in person! More about the Library.
Free to Use and Reuse: Skyscrapers
The term "skyscrapers" vividly represents the world of very tall buildings. This set offers images from the oldest acknowledged skyscraper--the 10-story Home Insurance Building in Chicago–to the crowded skylines of the 21st century. You'll also see one of the tallest buildings in the United States--the Willis Tower in Chicago, built in 1974 with 108 floors, as well as diverse architectural styles. Browse more content that is free to use and reuse