Maps Topographical map of Atlantic Co., New Jersey : from recent and actual surveys
About this Item
- Topographical map of Atlantic Co., New Jersey : from recent and actual surveys
- Contributor Names
- Beers, F. W. (Frederick W.)
- Neumann, Louis E.
- Hart, Chas. (Charles), active 1870-1880.
- Beers, Comstock & Cline.
- Created / Published
- New York : Beers, Comstock & Cline, 1872
- Subject Headings
- - Atlantic County (N.J.)--Maps
- - Landowners--New Jersey--Atlantic County--Maps
- - Cities and towns--New Jersey--Atlantic County--Maps
- - Villages--New Jersey--Atlantic County--Maps
- - Real property--New Jersey--Atlantic City--Maps
- - Real property--New Jersey--Egg Harbor City--Maps
- - Real property--New Jersey--Hammonton--Maps
- - Real property--New Jersey--Mays Landing--Maps
- - Atlantic City (N.J.)--Maps
- - Egg Harbor City (N.J.)--Maps
- - Hammonton (N.J.)--Maps
- - Mays Landing (N.J.)--Maps
- - United States--New Jersey--Atlantic County
- - United States--New Jersey--Atlantic City
- - United States--New Jersey--Egg Harbor City
- - United States--New Jersey--Hammonton
- - United States--New Jersey--Mays Landing
- Cadastral maps
- - General-content county map showing rural buildings and landholders' names; the urban insets show real-property lots, building coverage, and some occupants' names.
- - Hand col. to emphasize municipal boundaries and territories.
- - Originally printed on 6 sheets (later conjoined).
- - LC Land ownership maps, 437
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - LC sheets imperfect: Brittle, shellacked, cracked, torn at edges, some sheets water-stained.
- - Includes local business directories, population statistical tables, and strait-line distance table.
- - City/borough/village insets: May's Landing, Hamilton Township-- Aston -- Elwood, Mullica Tp. -- Egg Harbor City -- Conoverville, Galloway Township -- Port Republic, Galloway Township -- Smithville, Galloway Tsp. -- Absecon, Town of Absecon -- Leedsville, Egg Harbor Township -- Bargaintown, Egg Harbor Tp. -- Risleyville, Pleasantville, Mount Pleasant, Smiths Landing -- Leeds Point, Galloway Tsp. -- Bakersville, Egg Harbor Township -- Atlantic City -- Hammonton, Hammonton Twp. -- Weynouth, Hamilton Tsp.
- - 2 copies
- 1 map : hand col., cloth backing ; 171 x 161 cm., on 6 sheets 59 x 83 cm. and 58 x 83 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3813.A7 1872 .B4
- G3813.A7 1872 .B4 Copy 2 On single sheet covering only the western half of the county (on cloth backing, thirded to enable folding); eastern sheet missing.
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
ContributorsBeers, Comstock & Cline
Beers, F. W.
Beers, F. W. (frederick W.)
Hart, Chas. (charles)
Neumann, Louis E.
Egg Harbor City
Atlantic City (n.j.)
Atlantic County (n.j.)
Cities and Towns
Egg Harbor City
Egg Harbor City (n.j.)
Mays Landing (n.j.)
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Beers, F. W, Louis E Neumann, Chas Hart, and Comstock & Cline Beers. Topographical map of Atlantic Co., New Jersey: from recent and actual surveys. New York: Beers, Comstock & Cline, 1872. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2012586901/. (Accessed July 28, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Beers, F. W., Neumann, L. E., Hart, C. & Beers, C. &. C. (1872) Topographical map of Atlantic Co., New Jersey: from recent and actual surveys. New York: Beers, Comstock & Cline. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2012586901/.
MLA citation style:
Beers, F. W, et al. Topographical map of Atlantic Co., New Jersey: from recent and actual surveys. New York: Beers, Comstock & Cline, 1872. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/2012586901/>.