Notated Music Symphonische Dichtungen : für grosses Orchester
About this Item
- Symphonische Dichtungen : für grosses Orchester
- Liszt, Franz, 1811-1886, composer
- Cornelius, Peter, 1824-1874, translator
- Hugo, Victor, 1802-1885
- Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616
- Kaulbach, Wilhelm von, 1804-1874
- Liszt, Franz, 1811-1886
Created / Published
- Leipzig : bei Breitkopf & Härtel [1856-1861]
- v. 1. Ce qu'on entend sur la montagne (nach V. Hugo) -- v. 2. Tasso : lamento e trionfo -- v. 3. Les préludes (nach Lamartine) -- v. 4. Orphée -- v. 5. Prométhée -- v. 6. Mazeppa (nach V. Hugo) -- v. 7. Fest-Klänge -- v. 8. Héroïde funèbre -- v. 9. Hungaria -- v. 10. Hamlet -- v. 11. Hunnen-Schlacht (nach Kaulbach) -- v. 12. Die Ideale (nach Schiller).
- - Symphonic poems--Scores
- - Tasso, Torquato,--1544-1595--Songs and music
- - Orpheus--(Greek mythological character)--Songs and music
- - Prometheus--(Greek deity)--Songs and music
- - Mazepa, Ivan Stepanovych,--1639-1709--Songs and music
- - Hamlet--(Legendary character)--Songs and music
- Symphonic poems
- Program music
- - For orchestra.
- - First editions; confer Raabe.
- - Composer's prefaces and program notes in French, translated into German by Peter Cornelius.
- - Hugo's poems "Ce qu'on entend sur la montagne" and "Mazeppa" printed as text and translated into German in v. 1 and v. 6.
- - Copy 1: Includes only v. 1. Ce qu'on entend sur la montagne, v. 4. Orpheus, v. 6. Mazeppa, and v. 8. Héroïde funèbre (4 physical volumes).
- - Copy 2: 12 bibliographic volumes in 5 physical volumes.
- - Copy 2: Formerly a part of the Cedric Thorpe Davie Collection.
- - Staff notation.
- 1 score (5 volumes) ; 27 cm
Call Number/Physical Location
- M3.3 .L77 S88
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as holders of publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may be content that is protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permission ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the bibliographic information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding items and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
Items included here with the permission of the rights holders are indicated as such in the bibliographic record for each item.
In some cases, the Library was unable to identify a possible rights holder and has elected to place some of those items online as an exercise of fair use for strictly non-commercial educational uses. The Library of Congress would like to learn more about these materials and would like to hear from individuals or institutions that have any additional information or know of their history. Please contact: Performing Arts Reading Room.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Music Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Hugo, Victor, William Shakespeare, Wilhelm Von Kaulbach, and Franz Liszt. Symphonische Dichtungen: für grosses Orchester. translateds by Cornelius, Peter, Lator, composeds by Liszt, Franz, Oser [Leipzig: bei Breitkopf & Härtel to 1861, 1856] Notated Music. https://www.loc.gov/item/68050989/.
APA citation style:
Hugo, V., Shakespeare, W., Kaulbach, W. V. & Liszt, F. (1856) Symphonische Dichtungen: für grosses Orchester. Cornelius, P., trans, Liszt, F., comp [Leipzig: bei Breitkopf & Härtel to 1861] [Notated Music] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/68050989/.
MLA citation style:
Hugo, Victor, et al. Symphonische Dichtungen: für grosses Orchester. trans by Cornelius, Peter, Lator, comp by Liszt, Franz, Oser [Leipzig: bei Breitkopf & Härtel to 1861, 1856] Notated Music. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/68050989/>.