Map Esso pictorial guide to Washington, D.C., and vicinity : 1942.
About this Item
- Esso pictorial guide to Washington, D.C., and vicinity : 1942.
- Contributor Names
- General Drafting Company.
- Standard Oil Company.
- Created / Published
- [New York?] : Standard Oil Company of New Jersey, 
- Esso pictorial map of Washington, our nation's capital -- Happy motoring in Washington and vicinity.
- Subject Headings
- - Roads--Washington Metropolitan Area--Maps
- - Washington (D.C.)--Maps
- - United States--District of Columbia--Washington
- Pictorial maps
- Road maps
- Tourist maps
- - "142."
- - Selected buildings shown pictorially on city map.
- - Title from panel.
- - "Copyright, General Drafting Co., Inc."
- - Includes text, indexes to points of interest, Alexandria inset, sector diagram, col. ill., and advertisement.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - LC copy torn along fold lines.
- - DCP
- 2 maps on 1 sheet : both sides, col. ; 46 x 56 cm. and 61 x 47 cm., sheet 63 x 59 cm., folded to 21 x 10 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3850 1942 .G4
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
General Drafting Company, and Standard Oil Company. Esso pictorial guide to Washington, D.C., and vicinity. [New York?: Standard Oil Company of New Jersey, 1942] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/87693375/.
APA citation style:
General Drafting Company & Standard Oil Company. (1942) Esso pictorial guide to Washington, D.C., and vicinity. [New York?: Standard Oil Company of New Jersey] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/87693375/.
MLA citation style:
General Drafting Company, and Standard Oil Company. Esso pictorial guide to Washington, D.C., and vicinity. [New York?: Standard Oil Company of New Jersey, 1942] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/87693375/>.
More Maps like this
MapPictorial map of Washington, D.C. F24620 U.S. Copyright Office Covers central Washington and adjacent part of Arlington (Va.). Selected points of interest shown pictorially. Includes notes and ill. LC copy laminated and mounted on cloth backing. Available...
- Contributor: Capital Sight-Seeing Co.
- Date: 1914
MapJarvis' Pictorial map of Washington, D.C. E11319 U.S. Copyright Office Covers city center. Selected points of interest shown pictorially. Alternate title in upper margin and cover title: Jarvis' free pictorial map and guide to Washington. Includes note. Text...
- Contributor: Jarvis, J. F, (John F.)
- Date: 1907
MapPictorial map of Washington Selected points of interest shown pictorially. Covers city center. Cover title: Free map and guide to Washington : see Washington right. "Copyright, 1914, by J.F. Jarvis." Timetable correction slip tipped into accompanying...
- Contributor: Jarvis, J. F. (John F.) - Royal Blue Line Company
- Date: 1914
MapScharf's International pictorial map of central Washington. F35114 U.S. Copyright Office Major buildings shown pictorially. English and Spanish. Alternate title at lower left: Mapa foto-pictórico de la parte central de Washington / por Emilio L. Scharf, Ph.D. "Publisht [sic]...
- Contributor: Scharf, Emilio L.
- Date: 1919
Map[Road map of the Washington D.C. metropolitan area]. Relief shown by hachures. Includes route numbers and road destinations in margins. LC copy is printed version of ms. map G3851.P2 1930 .R6. Available also through the Library of Congress Web site...
- Date: 1930