Maps A map of Philadelphia and parts adjacent : with a perspective view of the State-House
About this Item
- A map of Philadelphia and parts adjacent : with a perspective view of the State-House
- Other Title
- Perspective view of the State-House
- Contributor Names
- Scull, Nicholas, 1686?-1761?
- Heap, George, active 1715-1760.
- Hebert, L.
- Created / Published
- [Philadelphia : N. Scull et al., 1752]
- Subject Headings
- - Philadelphia (Pa.)--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Philadelphia Region (Pa.)--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Landowners--Pennsylvania--Philadelphia--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Landowners--Pennsylvania--Philadelphia Region--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Independence Hall (Philadelphia, Pa.)--Aerial views--Early works to 1800
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Philadelphia
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Philadelphia Region
- - Rural buildings shown pictorially with occupants' names.
- - First state of the 1st ed. (without the name "West Jersey" at lower right).
- - Signed in ink on cloth backing: Alex. Stuart.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Includes text, distance table, and ground-level view of the Statehouse (later Independence Hall).
- - Purchased with funding support from J. Thomas Touchton, Mr. & Mrs. Isadore M. Scott, the Madison Council, and the Philip Lee Phillips Society; Richard B. Arkway Inc.; Sept. 1998.
- - Vault
- - Acquisitions control no.: 98-42
- 1 map : hand col., cloth backing ; 35 x 30 cm., within border 52 x 31 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3824.P5 1752 .S3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Early Works to 1800
Independence Hall (philadelphia, Pa.)
Philadelphia Region (pa.)
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Scull, Nicholas, 1686?-1761?, George Heap, and L Hebert. A map of Philadelphia and parts adjacent: with a perspective view of the State-House. [Philadelphia: N. Scull et al, 1752] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/98690000/. (Accessed July 23, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Scull, N., Heap, G. & Hebert, L. (1752) A map of Philadelphia and parts adjacent: with a perspective view of the State-House. [Philadelphia: N. Scull et al] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/98690000/.
MLA citation style:
Scull, Nicholas, 1686?-1761?, George Heap, and L Hebert. A map of Philadelphia and parts adjacent: with a perspective view of the State-House. [Philadelphia: N. Scull et al, 1752] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/98690000/>.