Maps [Overlay to the map of the siege of Petersburg, 1864-5].
About this Item
- [Overlay to the map of the siege of Petersburg, 1864-5].
- Contributor Names
- Weyss, J. E.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Petersburg (Va.)--History--Siege, 1864-1865--Maps, Manuscript
- - United States--Virginia--Petersburg
- - This is an overlay designed to be used with the map of the siege of Petersburg by J.E. Weyss.
- - Title derived from Stephenson's Civil War maps, 1989.
- - LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 619
- - Includes brief field notes in pencil, red ink, and black ink, probably written by Federal engineers, and shows the location of several camps of the U.S. Engineers and the headquarters of the Army of the Potomac on June 22 to July 11, 1864, July 12 to Oct. 1, 1864, and Oct. 2, 1864, to Mar. 29, 1865.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- - Call no. cited in LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.): G3884.P4S5 1865 .W52 Vault
- 1 map : col. ms., cloth ; 67 x 73 cm., on sheet 75 x 78 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3884.P4S5 1865 .O9
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Weyss, J. E. [Overlay to the map of the siege of Petersburg, 1864-5]. [?, 1865] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/99446554/. (Accessed January 19, 2017.)
APA citation style:
Weyss, J. E. (1865) [Overlay to the map of the siege of Petersburg, 1864-5]. [?] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/99446554/.
MLA citation style:
Weyss, J. E. [Overlay to the map of the siege of Petersburg, 1864-5]. [?, 1865] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/99446554/>.