Map Map of the battle field of Gettysburg. July 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 1863
About this Item
- Map of the battle field of Gettysburg. July 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 1863
- Contributor Names
- Woeltje and Cutting.
- Created / Published
- [S.l., 1888]
- Subject Headings
- - Gettysburg, Battle of, Gettysburg, Pa., 1863--Maps
- - United States--Pennyslvania--Gettysburg
- - Gettysburg, Battle of, Gettysburg, Pa
- - Scale 1:12,000.
- - LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 357.2
- - "For sale by Woeltje & Cutting, 115 Pearl Street, New York."
- - Copyright no. 18291, Aug. 3, 1888.
- - This map is based on Gouverneur K. Warren's map of the Gettysburg battlefield (see entry no. 353.5), but with the addition of hachures. Names of land owners are overprinted in red. Troop positions are not noted.
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- 1 map, col. 77 x 69 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3824.G3 1863 .W6
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Woeltje And Cutting. Map of the battle field of Gettysburg. July 1st, 2nd, 3rd. [S.l, 1888] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/99448798/.
APA citation style:
Woeltje And Cutting. (1888) Map of the battle field of Gettysburg. July 1st, 2nd, 3rd. [S.l] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/99448798/.
MLA citation style:
Woeltje And Cutting. Map of the battle field of Gettysburg. July 1st, 2nd, 3rd. [S.l, 1888] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/99448798/>.
More Maps like this
MapMap of the field of operations of Gregg's (Union) & Stuart's (Confederate) cavalry at the battle ... Scale 1:12,000. LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 357.3 "For sale by Woeltje & Cutting, 115 Pearl Street, New York." Copyright no. 18292, Aug. 4, 1888. This map is based on the...
- Contributor: Woeltje and Cutting
- Date: 1888
MapMap of Gettysburg battlefield Scale not given. LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 356.5 Map indicates roads, observation towers, and a few monuments. Troop positions are not depicted. Description derived from published bibliography. Available also through...
- Contributor: Western Maryland Railroad Company
- Date: 1910
MapField of cavalry operations east of Gettysburg, July 2nd & 3rd 1863. Scale ca. 1:56,000. LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 328 Map of the country east of Gettysburg, showing the location of cavalry engagements by crossed swords, positions of the 3rd and 16th...
- Contributor: Bien, Julius
- Date: 1863
Map[Maps illustrating the Gettysburg campaign. June 3-July 3, 1863]. Various scales. LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 356 From Century illustrated monthly magazine, v. 33, Nov. 1886 Maps indicate troop and cavalry positions and lines of march from Fredericksburg (June 3)...
- Contributor: Wells, Jacob
- Date: 1886
MapBattle field of Gettysburg. Scale 1:12,000 (1 inch equals 1000 feet). LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 353.5 From the Jubal Early Collection in the Manuscript Division, L.C. Detailed topographic map subsequently used as the base...
- Contributor: Warren, G. K. (Gouverneur Kemble) - Warren, G. K.
- Date: 187?