Film, Video Women Who Dare
About this Item
- Women Who Dare
- The seven authors of the Library of Congress "Women Who Dare" series, which celebrates the lives of remarkable women who have shaped American history, discussed their books in a program sponsored by the Library's Center for the Book. The "Women Who Dare" series focuses on women who have changed the course of American history through their courage and spirit, often in the face of overwhelming circumstances. The six books and their authors are "Women of the Suffrage Movement" by Janice E. Ruth and Evelyn Sinclair, "Women of the Civil War" by Michelle A. Krowl, "Helen Keller" by Aimee Hess, "Amelia Earhart" by Susan Reyburn, "Eleanor Roosevelt" by Anjelina Michelle Keating and "Women of the Civil Rights Movement" by Linda Barrett Osborne.
- Event Date
- November 16, 2006
- Related Resources
- Center for the Book: https://www.loc.gov/loc/cfbook/
- Women's History Resources at the Library: http://www.memory.loc.gov/ammem/index.html
- Running Time
- 54 minutes 21 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Women Who Dare. 2006. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4012/.
APA citation style:
(2006) Women Who Dare. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4012/.
MLA citation style:
Women Who Dare. 2006. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4012/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoBaseball Americana: Treasures from the Library of Congress The world's largest collection of things related to baseball is housed at the Library of Congress, and a new, lavishly illustrated history of the sport features more than 350 of the best...
- Contributor: Katz, Harry - Michel, Phil - Ceresi, Frank - McBee, Wilson - Reyburn, Susan
- Date: 2010-04-12
Film, VideoExplorers Emigrants Citizens: A Visual History of the Italian American Experience Linda Barrett Osborne and Paolo Battaglia discuss their new book comprising a visual history of the Italian American experience from the collections of the Library.
- Contributor: Osborne, Linda Barrett - Battaglia, Paolo
- Date: 2013-10-30
Film, VideoLincoln's Forgotten Ally: Judge Advocate General Joseph Holt In a new biography, author Elizabeth D. Leonard illuminates the history of this seldom-discussed but important figure in Lincoln's presidency.
- Contributor: Leonard, Elizabeth D.
- Date: 2012-07-25
Film, VideoThe Dickson Baseball Dictionary "The Dickson Baseball Dictionary" is an indispensable resource for hard-core fans as well as anyone newly interested in the national pastime. It has become an essential resource for those who love the...
- Contributor: Dickson, Paul
- Date: 2009-04-15
Film, VideoInterpretation of Renaissance Maps, including Waldseemuller's 1507 World Map The difficulties in researching and interpreting Renaissance texts and maps are the subject of this discussion.
- Date: 2009-05-14