Film, Video Korean Culture Art Program and Concert
About this Item
- Korean Culture Art Program and Concert
- Musicians and artists from around the world traveled to participate in a program acknowledging and celebrating traditional Korean music, which includes the use of 17 instruments. The event is sponsored by the Korean Team of the Asian Division, the Asian Division Friends Society, Music Division, American Folklife Center, the Korea Foundation, and the KORUS House at the Embassy of the Republic of Korea.
- Event Date
- October 29, 2009
- Related Resources
- Music Division: https://www.loc.gov/rr/perform/
- American Folklife Center: https://www.loc.gov/folklife/index.html
- Asian Division: https://www.loc.gov/rr/asian/
- Running Time
- 1 hours 39 minutes 32 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Korean Culture Art Program and Concert. 2009. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4785/.
APA citation style:
(2009) Korean Culture Art Program and Concert. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4785/.
MLA citation style:
Korean Culture Art Program and Concert. 2009. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4785/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoLouis Lortie & Hélène Mercier, Piano Pianists Louis Lortie & Hélène Mercier perform the two-piano music of Arensky, Rachmaninoff and Medtner, alongside a four-hand work by Ravel. This concert celebrated the acquisition by the Library of Congress of...
- Contributor: Mercier, Hélène - Lortie, Louis
- Date: 2018-04-11
Film, VideoSolungga Liu Concert Pianist Solungga Liu performed the music of Charles Griffes, Amy Beach, Claude Debussy and César Franck. Selections were drawn largely from manuscript holdings at the Library of Congress. The performance of Griffes'...
- Contributor: Liu, Solungga
- Date: 2017-11-04
Film, VideoVienna Piano Trio The Vienna Piano Trio performs the music of Haydn, Schoenberg and Brahms. The Library of Congress holds the manuscripts for the Brahms trio, Schoenberg's "Verklärte Nacht" and the Steuermann transcription of that...
- Contributor: Vienna Piano Trio
- Date: 2018-02-24
Film, VideoSpektral Quartet with Winston Choi in Concert The Spektral Quartet performs the music of Wadada Leo Smith and George Lewis, with a special performance of John Zorn's "le mômo" by Clara Lyon and Winston Choi. Zorn's work was commissioned...
- Contributor: Spektral Quartet With Winston Choi
- Date: 2018-03-30
Film, VideoEnsemble Signal Concert Ensemble Signal, conducted by Brad Lubman, performs the music of Steve Reich in a program presented in collaboration with Washington Performing Arts. The composer was present and a participant in his "Clapping...
- Contributor: Ensemble Signal
- Date: 2017-10-18