Full Text Newspaper & Journal Databases Available when at the
Library of Congress:
- by Title/Subject:(1) E-Resources. (2) Serials
Solutions. (3) EZB.
Choose easier to navigate ProQuest
or EBSCO, if you have a choice.
- by System Name most used in the Newspaper
- EBSCO. When you get to EBSCO, click "Choose Databases" or scroll down to see everything the Library has access to. (Includes the old Wilson databases).
Selected databases that include full text: (Titles & dates
- by Database Title:
Archives. 19th-century newspapers, including The Pennsylvania
Gazette (1728-1800) Scroll down next to "Publication Title."
- Afghan Serials Collection
- Africa Confidential
- African American Newspapers, 1827-1998.
- American Antiquarian Society (AAS) Historical Periodicals Collection.
- American Gazettes: Newspapers of Record (Readex)
- American Periodicals.
American Periodical Series Online and American Periodicals from the Center for Research Libraries combined.
(For titles & dates,
Historical Newspapers 1690-
- Arcanum Digitheca (Hungarian)
- Asian & European Business Collection
- Associated Press Collections
Biological, ecological journals.
- BiVir. Full text Latin
American (Spanish and Portuguese) journals.
- Black Studies
Center. Full text from the International Index to Black
Periodicals. Also includes the Chicago
Defender (1910-1975) the NY Amsterdam News and the Pittsburgh Courier.
- British Library Newspapers. 1685-1950
- British Periodicals.1680s-
- Canadian Newspapers (2011- )
- Caribbean Newspapers 1718-1876
- Center for Research Libraries.
and Eastern European Online Library.
- China Multilingual Journals
National Knowledge Infrastructure. Chinese and English
periodicals and newspapers.
- China Times
- Choice Reviews
- Chosun Ilbo Archive. Full-text, in Korean.
- Chronicle of Higher Education.
International Affairs Online.
- DBpia. Korean scholarly journals.
- Dacheng Pre-1949 Periodical Full-Text Database. Chinese periodicals.
- Danky. African-American newspapers and periodicals: a national bibliography.
- Database for the History of Contemporary Chinese Political Movements 1949-
- el Diario (Spain)
- Donetsk and Luhansk Newspaper Collection
- East View Global Press Archive
- Ebart Newspaper Archive. Serbian.
- Eight Centuries (1106-1930)
- Emerald. Management,
engineering, science & tech, health,
- Emerging Markets (EMIS). Includes full text news sources.
- Engineering Village (Ei Compendex)
- Entertainment Industry Magazine Archive (EIMA)
- Ethnic American Newspapers, 1799-1971.
- Ethnic NewsWatch.
Ethnic, minority, native press. (For titles & dates,
- Eurasia Atlantic Database. Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union.
- Eureka.cc News and Current Events.
- Gender Watch. (For
titles & dates available, click "Publications")
- Global Times. Chinese Communist Party newspaper.
- Government Periodicals Index
- Guangming Ribao
a central newspaper of the People’s Republic of China.
- Harper’s Barzaar Archive
- Harper's Weekly (1857-1912).
Law journals and more.
- Hispanic American Newspapers 1808-1980
- ICE Virtual Library
- Information Services Latin America (ISLA)
- IngentaConnect. Click on "search by" subscribed titles.
- International Herald Tribune Historical Archive (1887-2013)
- JSTOR. Older titles,
long runs, dates range from the 1600's to present.
- Jane's. See "My Subscriptions," "A-Z" for magazine titles.
- Japan Chronicle
- Japan Daily News. Mainichi Shimbun.
- Japan Times
- Japan Times Archive
- Japan Yomidas Rekishikan
- Japanese-American Internment Camp Newspapers (1942 to 1946)
- KPM: North Korea's Newspaper & Journals Database. Includes English edition of the Pyongyang Times (scroll down).
- Korean Magazines (Moazine)
- Korean Serials
- North Korean Serials Index
- Lancaster Index to Defence & International Security Literature
- Liberty Magazine
- Library Literature & Information Science Full Text
- LLMC Digital. Old government
A History of American Magazines.
- Muse. Scholarly
- National Enquirer Index
- National Index to Chinese Newspapers and Periodicals
- Newspaper Archives/Indexes/Morgues
Uni. Includes newspapers.
- Nineteenth Century US Newspapers (Gale)
- Nineteenth Century UK Periodicals (Gale)
- Philippine E-Journals
- Press Reader.
Today's newspapers from many countries, sometimes for many years back.
- PRISMA Database. Hispanic, Latin American, Carribbean.
- ProQuest. (List of databases available)
- ProQuest Political News & Social Media.
Has Roll Call (1998 - present).
- ProQuest Legislative & Executive Publications. Hearings. Uncheck all the other stuff.
- Providence Journal
- Publishers Weekly Digital Archive
- Punch Historical Archive
- RIPM Jazz Periodicals
- Rock's Backpages.
- Russian newspapers & periodicals from
- Shanghai News
- Sovetskaia Kul’tura Digital Archive
- Stars and Stripes
- Taylor & Francis Online.
- Times of India
- Torrossa Casalini's full text platform.
Italian, Spanish, French and Portuguese
- Variety Archives
- Vogue Archive
- Weekly of Vilnius
- Women’s Wear Daily Archive
- Women’s Magazine Archive
- Other Full Text Resources on