Film, Video Parade of "exempt" firemen /
About this Item
- Parade of "exempt" firemen /
- The film shows a large group of people watching the approach of a color guard followed by a number of elderly marching firemen [Frame: 1734] pulling antique fire equipment . In the background is the white marble Washington Arch , designed by Stanford White and completed in 1895 to commemorate the first inauguration of George Washington.
- Contributor Names
- Armitage, F. S., camera.
- American Mutoscope and Biograph Company.
- Paper Print Collection (Library of Congress)
- Created / Published
- United States : American Mutoscope and Biograph Company, 1903.
- Subject Headings
- - Fire fighters--New York (State)--New York
- - Parades--New York (State)--New York
- - Fire engines--New York (State)--New York
- - Fire extinction--New York (State)--New York--Equipment and supplies
- - Washington Square (New York, N.Y.)
- Actualities (Motion pictures)
- Short films
- Nonfiction films
- - H36401 U.S. Copyright Office
- - Copyright: American Mutoscope & Biograph Co.; 1Oct1903; H36401.
- - Duration: 1:29 at 15 fps.
- - Camera, Frederick S. Armitage.
- - Photographed September 21, 1903. Location: Washington Square Park (Greenwich Village), New York, N.Y.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- - Received: 10/1/02; paper pos; copyright deposit; Paper Print Collection.
- - Received: 1989/90 from UCLA; arch neg; preservation; Paper Print Collection.
- - Received: 1991 from LC lab; ref prints and dupe neg; preservation Paper Print Collection.
- 1 roll (93 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm. paper pos.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- LC 1796 (paper pos)
- FEB 9837 (ref print)
- FEB 9763 (ref print, copy 2)
- FPE 5576 (dupe neg)
- FPE 5602 (arch neg)
- Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
ContributorsAmerican Mutoscope and Biograph Company
Armitage, F. S.
Niver (kemp) Collection (library of Congress)
Paper Print Collection (library of Congress)
SubjectsActualities (motion Pictures)
Association of Exempt Firemen of the City of New York
Equipment and Supplies
New York (state)
Washington Square (new York, N.Y.)
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division, Library of Congress
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright in the motion pictures in these collections. As is indicated in the cataloging, most of the titles were registered for copyright prior to 1916. (No registration information exists for some titles.) The Library notes that the reproduction of some titles may be restricted by privacy rights, publicity rights, licensing and trademarks. Additionally, some works may still be protected by copyright in some foreign countries.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses. Users should also consult restrictions associated with donations to the Library.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.More information about American Memory and Copyright.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Armitage, F. S., Camera, American Mutoscope And Biograph Company, and Paper Print Collection. Parade of "exempt" Firemen. United States: American Mutoscope and Biograph Company, 1903. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/00694401/. (Accessed August 25, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Armitage, F. S., American Mutoscope And Biograph Company & Paper Print Collection. (1903) Parade of "exempt" Firemen. United States: American Mutoscope and Biograph Company. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/00694401/.
MLA citation style:
Armitage, F. S., Camera, American Mutoscope And Biograph Company, and Paper Print Collection. Parade of "exempt" Firemen. United States: American Mutoscope and Biograph Company, 1903. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/00694401/>.