Maps Map of Bucks County, Pennsylvania : from surveys
About this Item
- Map of Bucks County, Pennsylvania : from surveys
- Contributor Names
- Morris, William E. (William Ellis), 1812-1875.
- Smith, Robert Pearsall, 1827-1898.
- Created / Published
- Philadelphia : R.P. Smith, 
- Subject Headings
- - Bucks County (Pa.)--Maps
- - Landowners--Pennsylvania--Bucks County--Maps
- - Doylestown (Pa.)--Maps
- - Newtown (Bucks County, Pa.)--Maps
- - Bristol (Pa.)--Maps
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Bucks County
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Doylestown
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Bucks County--Newtown
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Bristol
- - General-content county map showing buildings with householders' names in rural areas; also shows householders' names in the borough insets.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - "Entered according to Act of Congress in the year 1850 by Robert P. Smith in the ... eastern District of Pennsylvania."
- - Originally printed on 4 sheets (later conjoined, still later cut into 3 sheets on cloth backing to enable folding).
- - LC copy imperfect: Annotated "1850" in black ink below surveyor's name, pin-holed at corners.
- - LC Land ownership maps, 715
- - Includes text, table of "Statistics of Bucks County, January 1st 1850", and ill.
- - Borough insets: Plan of Doylestown -- Plan of the borough of Newtown -- Plan of part of the borough of Bristol.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - 2 copies
- 1 map ; cloth backing ; 133 x 87 cm., folded to 49 x 98 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3823.B8 1850 .M6
- G3823.B8 1850 .M6 Copy 2 Hand col. to emphasize townships, shellacked, darkened, water-stained.
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
ContributorsMorris, William E.
Morris, William E. (william Ellis)
Smith, Robert Pearsall
Bucks County (pa.)
Newtown (bucks County, Pa.)
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Morris, William E, and Robert Pearsall Smith. Map of Bucks County, Pennsylvania: from surveys. [Philadelphia: R.P. Smith, 1850] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2012590185/. (Accessed August 30, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Morris, W. E. & Smith, R. P. (1850) Map of Bucks County, Pennsylvania: from surveys. [Philadelphia: R.P. Smith] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2012590185/.
MLA citation style:
Morris, William E, and Robert Pearsall Smith. Map of Bucks County, Pennsylvania: from surveys. [Philadelphia: R.P. Smith, 1850] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/2012590185/>.